Traits of a top trader Re: Wordlco

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mama, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mama

mama

Hitman...

Go and sell second hand cars (preferably Yugo's)...since you can't make a dime in this market...or better, get a typing job in human resource department...lol

#21     Jan 21, 2002
  2. Hitman-
    I'm not complaining, I'm just telling it like it is my friend. I just wouldn't want that place to be where I went to work everyday. And as far as being "on Wall St" who cares? My cousin works on the biggest trading floor in the country (Ubs Warburg"..you know where it is? Connecticut! And Echo is right around the corner from your building...but does being down there make a difference?

Candle-
    I did piss in there. I don't remember urine on the floor...I just remember I didn't want to touch anything... and I think they only had 2 stalls and 2 urinals

And I did not divulge this info back in Nov when I first wrote about my visit...I only write it now to confirm what limbo wrote

Peace:D

#22     Jan 21, 2002
  3. Hitman

Hitman

No one said you should be telling like it is, but I am also confident that if you are just getting started there is no better place than Worldco, despite of the draw backs.

Yes, given our size we inherited a lot of corporate garbage, but I can assure you by the time Echo has as many traders as we do, attention to details and individual needs will go down as well.

I hate some of our procedures as much as you do, there are people out there on a salary just trying to collect a pay check with zero passion in what they do (well put yourself in the shoes of a receptionist on a floor, you are the sheep among a pack of hungry wolves and chances are you will take a lot of crap from frustrated traders).

I have no control with the overall company, I start from myself and my team to make it a little more pleasant. I can't cover all the basis but I will do my best.

Mama:

Unless you can prove otherwise I would assume that you are one of the guys who didn't make it, tapped out and now flips burgers at Mickey D's.

Don't worry buddy, even if I do join you I won't flame the firm that did give me a chance.

#23     Jan 21, 2002
  4. I think the men's room is an absolute priority... let's face is, coffee is most of our staple diet... and coffee causes us to piss and loosens up the solids too, causing us to dump... it is of ABSOLUTE importance to have good dumping facilities, otherwise a trader will be sitting there farting all day and holding it in... this will result in other traders complaining about the smell and will lead to a degenerative trading environment.

The only incentive to dump and avoid all of that is to have a clean men's room... don't underestimate the power of pristine dumping facilities when attracting traders to Worldco, Hitman.

#24     Jan 21, 2002
  5. mama

mama

Hitman

Sorry for hurting your feelings...you're hyper sensitive...please stop with your nonsense + with spreading misinformation...you would be rewarded...with silence...

#25     Jan 21, 2002
    #26     Jan 21, 2002
  7. Hitman

Hitman

I have answered every question with cold hard stats and facts.

I have never even pretended to be someone I am not, and I have said before in other posts that Echo has certain advantages over us that will cost us valuable talents, unless we make some serious adjustments.

I have never ever gave a Don Bright response on this board, and everything I have said I am willing to present you with account statements and firm balance sheets when and if you come over for the interview.

On the contrary, you are dodging my bullet. I asked you what part of our ad was made of lies, you resorted to personal attacks and never ever ANSWERED my question.

Take that ad, go through it line by line, tell me which line is so out of place. Now answer my question, are you still in this game, if so which firm are you with, if so what makes the firm so much more attractive than us.

Once you do that, at least you have some substance in your comments, until then, you are nothing more than a sore loser in my sight.

Everyone, including myself, has a real possibility to blow-up, and if I do, you can bet that I won't be bashing it.

Uptick:

I think it would be more fair if you can tell us which firm did you choose over Worldco and why.

As I said, I have a lot of respect for Echo Trading (and unlike Don Bright I don't give out respect to every single firm), probably more so than any direct/indirect competitor.

There are certain features of a smaller firm that we will never be able to provide. And to be truthful to my own heart, if environment/atmosphere being the ONLY concern, I would choose Echo over Worldco.

#27     Jan 21, 2002
  8. Rigel

Rigel

Hey guys, quit complaining. There aren't many things finer than a bathroom when you really need one. If they have one they're ok in my book. If they don't, well, forget it.
    As for being old, funny thing, the older I get the happier I become. Hitman, you seem to think that calling someone old is an insult or cruel. What a funny idea.

#28     Jan 21, 2002
  9. Hitman

Hitman

Rigel:

I don't give out comments like that until someone dishes out a lot of personal attacks to the point I have to do something.

For me, maybe I am young and naive, but I would rather have the instant of a flamboyant comet that lights up the sky, than the relative lasting power of a burning candle that runs its tear dry all night.

Both will end at some point, like life itself.

But in that instant the comet took all of its strength and fulfilled its potential and promises, and will be remembered by those who seen it.

That's all I ask for in this life time, extending the length of the journey won't do me any good, what matters is the segment that counts, and now is that segment.

#29     Jan 21, 2002
  10. Hitman-

I picked Echo. First off I must add that I still need to get fingerprinted and once that is done I should be up and running by Feb 1st. For now, my trading acct is with Terranova, and has been since October 2000.

I liked the professionalism of the people I spoke with at Echo. After I met with you I called Mike at the Echo office(he did not know I was in the city that day) he was polite and told me to come over. The building is right around the corner from yours. A man met me in the lobby(i think his name was Matt), he was polite and professional, and asked me to wait on the nice leather couch until Mike was done with his meeting. The office was bright, clean..they definately put thought into it. Nice Echo sign w/ logo over the door...glass conference room...the works. Mike was very professional.
    After that I went to Leiber and Weissman. Beautiful building on Broadway(near the bull). Gene was very polite and professional as well...but to be honest...his deal just didn't compete with Echo's.
    Don't get me wrong, if I were just starting out and had very little $...I probably would be sitting next to you at Worldco. Despite the fact that the people on 18 were rude and nasty. But the fact is I spent my childhood in a tiny apt in Jackson Heights, Queens. My father worked his butt off to get us out of there. And I worked hard in college and worked hard to get my $...so when you grow up living in bad conditions and work hard enought o get out of them...you do everything you can to be able to take a dump without having to worry about something crawling up your leg.
    i have nothing against you...i respect the fact that you post your journal...I have verified to people that your #'s are real when they e-mailed me to ask if you were full of sh*t...I'm just saying that at this point Worldco is not a place I'd want to work everyday. I wish you and everyone the best 'cause that's just the way I am.
    Visualize. And it will happen.
    Peace:cool:

#30     Jan 21, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.