training video

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Allaces, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Allaces

Allaces

They are too busy working on the sequel :p

#31     Apr 12, 2007
  2. He sounds a bit like Ray on Everybody Loves Raymond. I can just imagine Debra looking on with a rolling pin at the ready.

#32     Apr 12, 2007
  3. Why is this video so f**kin funny, because all traders have been there. Did you ever buy when you meant to sell, or put on a futures contract without a stop only to watch it plunge 2-3 handles. I know the first words out of my mouth are f**k, f**k,
    f**k, multipy this by all the bad fills, errors and market makers picking your pocket over the years; well you get the idea. Those dang computers stick and fail at the worst possible times. Thanks ET for making my week!!:)

#33     Apr 12, 2007
  4. i couldn't stop laughing. the ending is priceless. does anyone know if there is free software that allows this type of trading interface with IB's TWS? Im curious at trying my own hand at it. i wager i have better mouse control than him :p

#34     Apr 12, 2007
  5. :) ... brings back memories (of Anek, not burger flipping - that was a lifetime ago :p ).

JJ

#35     Apr 12, 2007
  6. sammybea

sammybea

Regardless of who produced the video, there is no way in hell i could even recommend my worst enemy to train with this guy.. I mean this guy was losing it when he is supposed to be "teaching."

#36     Apr 12, 2007
  7. no decresionary trader wins 100% of the time. its admiral (and funny) that they left in the negative trades and fat finger mistakes in a training video. id say seeing real errors and bad trades in an unedited video is much more educational than seeing an edited clip of an 'expert' teacher correctly guessing a market movement (and not seeing the 3 other attempts that went against them).

analogy: how useful would a 'how to play poker' video be if the 'teacher' never has a losing hand in it.

#37     Apr 12, 2007
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

he teachs you to avoid his mistake.:D

#38     Apr 12, 2007
  9. Allaces

Allaces

It's the Puretick method of hard knocks :)

#39     Apr 12, 2007
  10. I'm sorry this training video threads over because the 4 contracts F%$kin pissed me off. :D

#40     Apr 12, 2007