Training Program

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by shem131, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Listen, I have 2 good friends who interned at t3 and know a few traders there. They basically sell the intern the dream and have them to very tough work like video editing and writing articles, etc.

They work very hard on marketing. Profitable traders can be found at other firms. Some tend to be a bit modest, but t3 is all about marketing hype. when it comes down to it, you are paying a lot extra for something that will not help you make more money.

If you visit any prop in NYC, you will find traders making big payouts and traders blowing out of their account in 3 days. Visit multiple firms and talk to the traders, you're likely to find a better deal.

#21     Jan 13, 2012
  2. shem131

shem131

appreciate the info, but does anyone know specifics about the actual training program? How long is it. who do you train with, did it actually help if you didnt know anything about the market before?

#22     Jan 13, 2012
  3. I'll throw out there that this a business that you can save up and get a start. Make the commitment to study and train , and work your ass off. Start small and work up the contracts, shares, and you can grow, but start small and study, learn and understand the mind game. In tother businesses you have to put up all your money up front and when it its gone, you are toast. Trading you have the ability to start small and work up. Most think they need to be millionaires tomorrow, and that is the wrong mind set.

#23     Jan 13, 2012
  4. I agree with Sgt. Slotter. While the firms have no obligation to provide you that information, you have no obligation to sign up with them.

SgtSlotter is simply providing some advice regarding protecting your capital. I doubt ANY firm, T3, WTS, ETC. are going to give you that info, but hey, it's worth a shot.

I trade with WTS. I have no idea what % is what, but I only have 10k up with them and for the rates and service I've gotten, I'm willing to take that risk. The OP may be different in that regard.

#24     Jan 13, 2012
  5. Thanks Mav and OP, for sucking me into this, LOL. I guess it's ok to "LOL" still, right.

We charge $1250 ($1000 to ETer's) for our lifetime fee for our training. You can come back as often as you like. My "competitors" send their new people here as well. Our top trainer, my brother, made millions Trading in 2011.... Some of what he does, new people can't do, much of it they can. I was out sick most of 2011, so I can't offer much in "proof" other than to say I can act as his surrogate, since he's busy trading every day.

We purposely keep the low fee and separate arrangement (from joining BT or anything) so as to not have this thought of as any way to get around PDT or whatever some firms do. We've been "clean and green" for decades.

The point is teaching how people make money, from live, real accounts within our trading firm like ours is much different than teaching vague ideas, charts ang graphs and the like. We aren't perfect, of course... but we go from basic bids and offers, order routing, through mergers and acquisitions etc.

I'm back in the office, for a while at least, and we have 1 of only 3 classes coming up January 30-Feb 1. Relatively small, around 20 or so. Call 702.739.1393 to register.

(Let the bashing begin, but we've had pretty good success with our program the last 20 years, hard to believe BT has been around that long, we started trading in 1978).

Heck, not to beat this to death, but even the owner of one of most prestigious firms in NY (FNYS) had his son come to us for internship, quite an acknowledgement IMO. Hi, you know who you are, LOL.

Hope to see a few of you in Vegas, "Vegas Baby" LOL.

All the best,

Don

Details: www.stocktrading.com/training.html

#25     Jan 14, 2012
  6. VinMan

VinMan

I have trained (and paid) for training at a couple of places mentioned and I can tell you I have learned a great deal and found it well worth it. It doesnt mean I've made a killing trading yet but it is shortening the learning curve for sure.

I find nothing wrong with getting paid to teach. I'd love to be in a position one day to charge for my knowledge because I have invested money, time and sweat into this business and took risks that most do not (as traders we all do).

The only advice I would give and I think all would (or should agree) is to learn from someone that IS trading not someone that did "this or that" years ago and now only teaches.

#26     Jan 14, 2012
  7. I agree, and I don't know whether you been to our school or not (doesn't really matter, I hope so, LOL).... but sitting on years old laurels is something I find personally repugnant. So what if XXX turned $10k to $10 mil back in 1990 or whatever.... as my friend, David Zucker (movie director, funny guy) said to me "what have you done for me lately?" Not his quote, I'm sure, but was given me when I didn't chat with him for several months (long ago in my electric vehicle days, LOL). But I digress, sorry.

Nice to be feeling better, back on ET for a bit.

Don

#27     Jan 14, 2012
  8. with 10k, you can open an account at interactive brokers and a small fee will be deducted from your balance each month and you will have a real account and a paper account.

If you know nothing about trading, all you have you have to do is figure out how to buy and sell 100 shares of IBM and you will be on your way.

Hang out on ET and read and ask questions.

After 6 months you will be a lot more skeptical about paying anyone for training.

Sounds like you are willing to pay 10k because you don't know even the simplest mechanics of trading which can be learned very easily for free just from fooling around on a simulated account.

Maybe if you were a Moslem woman who came to America you would pay 10k for someone to teach you to drive, but no American would. Trading is about as simple as driving.

#28     Jan 14, 2012
  9. I agree, trading is simple...not necessarily easy however. Much easier for the person with some training in the realities. Pretty hard to just turn on a computer, type in IBM and make money. Heck, you'll spend more on order routing than, at least, my class costs.

A $1,000 lifetime fee (for ET'ers) is something I insisted on keeping when others wanted me to charge more. Pretty fair IMO.

Heck, after 6 months I hope your learning curve has turned straight up with proper online mentoring etc. that comes with our trading firm.

Every new trader that I've spoken with has wanted to have access to an experienced trader. All of our people are online every second of the day with their manager, mentor, team, whatever they choose. Really helps.

All the best,

Don

#29     Jan 14, 2012
  10. I have a daughter in Chicago, she's always wanting to learn how to trade, I tell her, "If you're really serious go talk to Bright."

#30     Jan 14, 2012