Training Program

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by shem131, Jan 13, 2012.

1. couldn't have said it better myself. I usually tell people that 3-5k deposit is what I paid for a college course. Some I got immense value out of and some sucked and was a waste of money.

The factors that had to be taken into account were professor, topic, experience, etc. It's very similar with trading courses. Go in with realistic expectations.

Taking a pre-calculus course will not make you a mathematician and neither will taking a scalping course make you a consistently profitable trader. Do your due dillegence. 90% chance you will lose your money regardless of where you go, so make sure you can get the best experience for what you are beint charged, regardless of where you go.

#11     Jan 13, 2012
  2. LOL. paying a few bucks for a slot on CNBC does not make you a "top notch trader".

The one part you have right is "you put up everything upfront and they make good money" - that part is definitely accurate!

#12     Jan 13, 2012
  3. Lucias

Lucias

I gotta be honest.. the T3 site is very slick. But, if I were you I'd contact me before them if you are interested in futures trading or even Bone. I don't think you'll get much from T3 that is not in public domain from what I'm seeing. They claim to offer technical analysis, psychology.. blah blah blah

They do offer a room for $200/month. That might be better then paying for the courses. They may have some great traders. Its worth a look but I would need to see something more then what I did.

#13     Jan 13, 2012
  4. Shanb

Shanb

If you would consider offering someone training for 3k then Redler, Sperling and those guys could get away with Charging 100X that. They are real traders that make a living from trading! No C2 collective bullsh*t here! Take a Free trial of the website and you'll see some good stuff IMO. Sperling is prob one of th best pure day traders around and hes putting up big numbers. There is a new York times video floating around where they sat in on a day of trading and he made well over 100k in one day(around August).

Btw I am not in anyway affiliated with T3 an have never payed for any of their services

#14     Jan 13, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are training guys now? LOL.

Look, I don't know what T3 is doing, but Shan is right, their top 2 guys are 7 figure earners. That's pretty rare these days. Now to be fair, they are not going to train you personally, some other schmuck will, but you do get to see what they are trading and what their real time positions are. That's a good deal.

#15     Jan 13, 2012
  6. Shanb

Shanb

LOL...IMO its about putting up or shutting up. I had a free trial to T3 and those guys put up their pnl every day for members to see. Good and bad! Guess what the numbers don't lie these guys are legit!

#16     Jan 13, 2012
  7. Lucias

Lucias

I've made my subscribers over about $12,000 in net profits over 2 months now (I only had a couple subs over that period!!) Anyone can look and see the live trades were placed.

I didn't see anything at T3 except for stuff that I could find in public domain. You may be right.. I didn't see it though.

I'm imagining if he made over 100k in 1 day that he had more then a 10k trading account..

#17     Jan 13, 2012
  8. Lucias

Lucias

Why do you LOL? You LOL that I made 60% return last year with only 10% dd and that everyone can see the trades that were recorded for anyone to see. Yes, hypothetical but not sure the why you LOL..

You are the one who claimed that prop firms were big into hiring discretionary traders and you know that from my interviews and speaking with the firms you talked about how those firms are doing.

As I say, I may be wrong. I'm just being 100% honest.. I went to T3 and it said they teach you psychology.. they teach you swing trading.. technical analysis.

I'm always 100% honest.. If they can let you sit with a guy who makes 7 figures then that would be worth a lot. I'm just going by what *I* seen. Even if they do, I'm not sure how much it will help a guy with only 10k to trade.. Is he a stock trader or futures trader? Again the details matter.

As to answer your question, No I haven't trained anyone. I've always offered mentoring/training though for past several months. No students yet. A partof my goal is to acquire capital because I know it takes money to make money. I'm not going and giving my 10k to someone to let me trade my own money.

#18     Jan 13, 2012
  9. emg is right, 90% lose, but it's not because they are bad traders, it's because 90% of the human popualtion is gullible.

Have you ever been swayed by a campaign ad? No, me neither, but aparrently 90% of voters are.

It's hard for me to imagine if you had 10k to start with that you wouldn't do better just opening an account and keeping 100% of profits.

Training? I'm quite convinced that with 10k, even if you put on 3 ES you would know in about 60 seconds that you are over extended, and when you finally got flat and thought about it you would realize that you are probably over extended for even 1 contract.

Prop is for experienced traders who have a 20% system but not enough money to live on and are willing to share profits in exchange for more trading capital.

#19     Jan 13, 2012
  10. 90% and higher crash and burn in small business all the time, not just trading. Those who succeed for the most part spent time understanding what they were attempting, and worked their asses off to make it. Not always, but 99% of the 5- 10 % that succeed that is how they made it. It took me a couple kicks in the rear to figure out that I needed to study again. People need to quit crying when some magician sells them a load of crap that would make them rich with no work.

#20     Jan 13, 2012