Trailing stops now at IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ddefina, Jul 22, 2002.

1. I just tried, nowhere to be found.

#21     Aug 5, 2002
  2. Its in beta.

#22     Aug 5, 2002
  3. Babak

Babak

Rob from TWS,

why don't you go and fix the blind links on your website ?

I'll give you a head start: home page at bottom "commissions and fees" button doesn't work

#23     Aug 5, 2002
  4. alanm

alanm

I wouldn't call it empty. In any software product, particularly one as fluid as a trading platform, there is sometimes a discrepancy between when features are published and when they are rolled out. This is usually to everyone's benefit, since a preliminary limited release will usually result in a more stable product when it is rolled out to the masses.

The latest news I've heard (today) is that it will be available to everyone tomorrow (8/6).

#24     Aug 5, 2002
  5. Spark

Spark

beta verson has removed the trailing stop feature (see footnote on the beta release as it says it has been phased...). Even Datek has now trailing stop, why is IB lagging to add to its TWS?

#25     Aug 5, 2002
  6. trader3

trader3

Hi,
    Are trailing stops at IB working now? Has anyone used them and, if so, what are your experiences?
    Thanks

#26     Aug 15, 2002
  7. Spark

Spark

yes it is working. but there is no trailing stops for emini futures.

#27     Aug 15, 2002
  8. Is there a way to change the default size of the trailing stop? $1.00 is way too big.

#28     Aug 15, 2002
  9. trader3

trader3

Well, I think you can choose trail on the order type and change the aux to whatever you want the trailing stop to be. There are other ways as well.

#29     Aug 15, 2002
  10. yeah, i got that far but i was hoping to be able to change the default size of the trailing stop.

#30     Aug 15, 2002