Trailing stops now at IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ddefina, Jul 22, 2002.

1. "I disagree.

Occasionally, there is an outage and when there is the application attempts to login automatically again.

The outages are few and far between and virtually negligible when you consider everything IB has to offer.

The largest outage I had was when the internet went down because UUNet's network went down. Wasn't IB."

Its bulletin is always flashing, saying either Instinet is not available or that stocks starting with A-J cannot be traded. I like IB overall but I also use other trading accounts. I don't rely entirely on IB

#11     Jul 23, 2002
  2. is the change of the commission structure

if you route direct to an options exchange ...

instead of smart execution ... you will be charged

$1.95 instead of $1.00 per contract

:(

#12     Jul 23, 2002
  3. davealex

davealex

#13     Jul 23, 2002
  4. vinigar

vinigar

Davealex,
    How do you think that will stack up against SMART execution for the trailing stop? What if you confined them to island?

#14     Jul 23, 2002
  5. davealex

davealex

I don't know.

ARCA's trailing stops are held on the ARCA servers. I assume IB's trailing stops will be held on the IB servers.

ARCA's trailing stops create an ARCA market order when hit. You don't get a route choice because you are using ARCA for the trailing stop; it treats your order like any other ARCA mkt order.

I don't know if you will be able to designate a route on IB's trailing stops.

My only point is that even though this seems like a great way to put your trade on auto-pilot and hit the beach, you can get seriously screwed if the system does not perform for whatever reason.

Dave

#15     Jul 23, 2002
  6. I use IB but for swing trading (2 to 5 days) not day trading. Because I can't get access to the markets during the first couple of hours of the trading day, I think trailing stop orders maybe useful for me. Can anyone who has had experience with these type of orders for swing trading over a few days let me know if they they have proved to be a helpful feature.

#16     Jul 23, 2002
  7. BigTime, give it up will ya!

Just about every single post has been about Realfasttrader this, realfasttarder that...

#17     Jul 23, 2002
  8. Hubert

Hubert

yep every single post from this guy is Realfasttrader

lol

he must think we are morons

hmmmmmmmmmm

#18     Jul 23, 2002
  9. nothing new there. trade wall street has had tthose for years

#19     Jul 23, 2002
  10. rsaegar

rsaegar

Has anyone been able to access this feature yet? I see the instructions in the IB users guide, but have been unable to find a "trailing stop" key on the TWS "order type" drop-down menu. Am I confused or is this another empty promise?

R Saegar

#20     Aug 5, 2002