Trailing Stop Entry for TradeStation

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Norm, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Norm

Norm

Thanks risktaker!

I believe that the code that you provided shows me how to follow the price down while applying a buy stop at each price level along the way. This is what I wanted.

I appreciate your help. Have a great Christmas!

Norm

#11     Dec 21, 2005
  2. Ok, I think I understand what you're looking for.

Something like...

If 5 day ma crosses above 20 day ma then begin
    (Now you look for some retracement down in price)
    At this point on some type of "move up" you want a buy stop signal, right?

This would all need to be coded as a complete system then.
    You might need to look at other pieces of code out there for ideas on how to do it yourself. Another option would be to hire a competent programmer (I've gone this route a while back). And last you could paste some charts with more detail of what you're doing in the hope somebody may be interested in coding it for you. Either way, to make sure someone doesn't waste too much time on such a project it would be helpful if you had jpegs or screenshots of what it is you're doing.

Good Luck

#12     Dec 21, 2005
  3. Keep in mind that that indicator follows the price in *percent* terms. Later on you may try to experiment with ATR's, actual prices, other data series, # of bar highs, etc, etc.

Good luck!

#13     Dec 21, 2005
  4. joesan

joesan

I am considering automate my trade with tradestation platform through tradestation securities or IB.

My question is : when I take a position I would like to change my stop (trailing stop) every bar(1 minutes), this stop order stay at the broker's server (rather than on my PC ) and keeps updated untill filled, is this possible ?

#14     Feb 26, 2006