Trailing IB Globex stops

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ehlaban, Oct 6, 2001.

1. ehlaban

ehlaban

Till now i'm satisfied with the standard IB stops on the
    futures very little problems. But ..

every time i want to change a running stop by
    selecting the line, changing the price and clicking transmit
    (just like with an order)
    it never works. And with never i mean never.

Also with bringing up the order dialog box
    and changing it there doesn't work.

Is this normal and do you have to cancel your "old" stop
    and reenter a new one?

I must be doing something wrong?

Ernesto

2. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

you make me doubt and I will try tuesday, but when you change the order on the line directly it will NEVER work and that's by design (oops!).

what you are changing is the limit price, not the election price. therefore basically, your stop order is not modified.

you need to go to the order dialog box to change the election AND limit price. the doubt comes in now, it used to work I am pretty sure. however, usually I place stop loss order, not for trailing therefore I do not change the original stop (I may place a direct sell limit to leave a position and take profit). this is why I will try tuesday the change in the dialog. I expect it to be OK.

neo

3. For what it's worth, I just managed a trade yesterday with the S&P e-mini doing exactly what you have tried, and it worked fine. As the price moved, I directly edited the stop price in the grid (without pulling up the Order dialog), changed the price, then hit the transmit button. As I mentioned, this worked just fine. Maybe you don't have the latest version of IB?

4. ehlaban

ehlaban

Yes i have the latest version now 722e i think.

You said that it worked for you? Strange.
    When i edit my stop price level in the grid with hot keys or
    direct with the pull down menu en then hit Transmit
    it really never works.