Tradrer who wants to go solo

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by canarywharf, Nov 26, 2012.

1. sle

sle

I have vague recollection that at that age most of my career aspirations at that age where to make MD at my current firm, which I thought was the sh*t. I also remember that most of the time these thoughts were trumped by thoughts about sex.

#41     Nov 27, 2012
  2. stepan7

stepan7

Canary Wharf's folks usually get the same treatment in numbers as Wall Streeters but in pounds plus some per cent.

BTW, "Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway." - Warren Buffett.
    Canary Wharf falls to the same category, but even worse.

#42     Nov 27, 2012
  3. yes, that's the most important thing here on ET, to determine who is posting the truth and who is posting 99.99% bullshit, and if you can't figure out the difference you would probably be better off on another site.

#43     Nov 27, 2012
  4. lol.

#44     Nov 27, 2012
  5. gmst

gmst

Interesting quote!

#45     Nov 27, 2012
  6. stepan7

stepan7

It has been well-said that there are bold traders and old traders, but there are very few old, bold traders.
    :D

#46     Nov 28, 2012
  7. And now that you got it you want to leave? Ya

No response to the specifics of his trading experience. Apparently just another troll thread, and people wonder why there is so much hate and skepticism. Only on ET.

#47     Nov 28, 2012
  8. stepan7

stepan7

9. There is so much jealousy here, from below average IQ traders who could not get into the Ivy League or Oxbridge and who are probably in some dead-end in $75k job that a monkey could do.

#49     Nov 28, 2012
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, you asked those below average IQ traders for advice, what does it tell us about you? :)

But since you wanted an advice what you like, yes, sure, here it is. Go solo, it is an easy cakewalk. Why would you make safe, good bunch of money at an office, when you could trade at home in your PJ for not guaranteed profits???

Easy choice, I should say, a nobrainer, even an Oxford educated gentleman like you can make it. If you are still hesitant, I have a coin for you....

And don't forget to update us next year how it went.... :)

#50     Nov 28, 2012