Tradovate with Jigsaw Trading vs. X_Trader - reliability

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lukas, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Adam777

Adam777

I believe Tradovate are an introducing broker for Dorman so talk to them. MrMuppet doesn't use Jigsaw, he's just helping us understand.

I thought there was a way for the order to go directly to market through CQG or TT etc handling risk, so it bypasses the broker completely, speeding up the signal for Dom scalpers. Good for people outside the US scalping their local market. US broker still gets their cut of course. I need confirmation on this as I'm still trying to understand it all.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    #31     Sep 25, 2017
  2. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Well, also with TT it depends on which FCN you use. If you go through an US - house to trade non US markets, my understanding is that the risk check will also go through the US, since the FCN provides intraday margins and it's their risk.

I'm generally concerned when it comes to stuff I don't understand or I cannot verify, e.g. a frontend where a multitude of parties are involved and nobody can exactly explain how it all works and fits together.

Most people won't be affected by latency, but if you trade intraday for a couple of ticks I would not want to have more than 100ms to the exchange.

So I would highly recommend to anybody who is into scalping to get latency figures for their orders and to do the due dilligence when it comes to infrastructure. It does make a difference.

#32     Sep 25, 2017
    Adam777 likes this.
  3. Sands

Sands

I've used both these tools live and they're very stable in my use. Feature wise I like that both are / have given the market something new. I like the sas approach of tt and the standalone jigsaw offering. Good to see some new stuff for us mom and pop shops!

#33     Sep 27, 2017
    JigsawTrading likes this.
  4. CQG & TT have many roles. Part of what they do is delivering us data, then they take care of trade routing, they also have back-end risk management systems.

We support CQG, Rithmic & Gain Capitals feeds - that means they take care of routing, risk and data. It doesn't really matter if you use our front end or someone else's - unless that front end is a cloud system - which introduces another hop. Otherwise it wouldn't matter if you used CQG Trader or Jigsaw - your data/orders are handled in exactly the same way.

#34     Dec 3, 2017