Tradovate with Jigsaw plugin - good choice only if you trade small

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lukas, Sep 18, 2017.

1. lukas

lukas Guest

My observations so far:
    1. Size and position of windows changes whenever you log off and back in, or switch your screens off and back on
    2. Terrible delay in order placement
    3. High memory usage (over 3,000 MB out of 32 GB RAM)
    4. Lack of certain useful features (e.g. showing the net and % change for the day for a product traded, clock, warning when logging off with position/order on).

Overall, like I suspected - Tradovate is good until you trade below a certain volume threshold and want to keep costs as low as possible. If you are over this threshold, I would suggest staying away. It is worth paying higher commission elsewhere for a professional setup and reliable platform.

2. elguapo

elguapo

I demoed their replay, psychotic lag sometimes, like 10 second freezes. I just figured whatever, its not a live feed. But you're telling me its crazy slow live?

3. lukas

lukas Guest

Well, I think I have discovered the key word for their business model: "internalization".

4. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Internalization ? Tradovate ? Dorman ? ROFL !

Conspiracy Squad should maybe just open a DOM in Tradovate of a slow market, like FGBS or ZT. Open a DOM for the same market in the platform of a FCM that you trust, lol.
    Then place a buy or sell limit order of 100 contracts a bit away from the inside market. Does the size of the bid or offer in the other DOM increase by 100 ? Good job, you just added liquidity without any internalization around. Your order is now sitting on the exchange, waiting to get filled.
    Works all the time on my Tradovate account, but maybe I am just lucky not to get internalized. LMFAO !!

5. Tradovate

Tradovate Sponsor

@lukas

You have completely false information. #fakenews

* Tradovate does not internalize order flow and all orders are sent to the exchange for execution.
    * It is against CFTC rules to internalize order flow.
    * All orders submitted to the exchange are required to have a unique identifier of who placed the order (for example FIX Tag50).
    * Tradovate offers multiple third-party software on our website - https://www.tradovate.com/platform/third-party-platforms-at-tradovate/

The fact we have not made a business decision on QTrader is simply that, a business decision.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Vertex and CALLumbus like this.
  6. lukas

lukas Guest

I have asked the admin to delete my previous post.
    I would like to revoke my statements in that post as it was created under the influence of negative emotion and should not have been written before receiving a reply from Tradovate. I did not realise that the internalization is a crime in the US. Perhaps that is because in the UK some prop firms carry out such a process for their traders.

Apologies to Tradovate. Maybe I just got frustrated because of the performance of Jigsaw plugin itself as I did not see such issues with their own DOM. If only it could be more customisable (font bigger, ladder moving in a way like in TT, changed colours etc.).

Please consider offering QTrader if possible.

Thank you for your understanding. BTW, your support is outstanding. All the best for the future

7. Interesting