trador mentor for hire?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mrmoose, Jun 9, 2003.

1. all of you are looking at this question from the wrong angle...the true problem with people who charge money to be a trading coach is the type of "traders" that seek such advice and are willing to pay good money for it are the type of people looking for the "secret code" to the market which we all know does not exist...so therefore even if one was a capable coach and a good trader he would infact only attract the "sucker"...if u want to coach talk to ur firm about training a bunch of new guys and let the firm pay ya and u might have some rewarding experience out of it...as far as those that criticize saying u probably cant trade i would like to say i appreciate how sincere u are and believe you are making a good bus for yourself but i must remind everyone seeking "trading help" of something one of my mentors taght me a long time ago..."those that know...dont tell."

#21     Jun 10, 2003
  2. Actually. I think his fees are pretty reasonable. Plus, he says
    he can show proof he's making money and he has other
    traders for references.

Even if you took the consultation($250)and 2 hours of one on one
    mentoring($200), that's only $450 bucks.

I think I'd rather take my chances with him than one of these
    gurus that charge up to $5,000.

And as you well know, if you start trading without a clue, you'll
    lose $450 bucks in a heart beat.

#22     Jun 10, 2003
  3. only a total asshole would say this
    richsohn your a asshole

#23     Jun 10, 2003
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Not true. Plenty of successful traders hit a slump and are certainly not "suckers" because they seek out someone to help them. What you said above is analogous to saying Tiger Woods is a "sucker" because he goes to Butch Harmon for a lesson or critique of his swing. In fact, the reality is that many top pro golfers (tennis pros, etc.) work with sports psychologists on a regular basis. Each athlete (or trader) is constantly trying to improve their respective performance.

#24     Jun 11, 2003