Tradiny system & automated trade

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by WmWaster, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Tradiny system & automated trade
    Hi.
    I'm very new to tradiny system and automated trade.
    I would like to do so.

1) Sites
    Does anyone know if there's any site which discuss about them?
    I would like if they could teach me some concise step-by-step how to make it work, from finding brokers (which supports automated trade/trading system), set-up trade system, to atuomate trade by setting some parameters.

2) Tradiny System
    What criteria do I need to focus when selecting a trading system?
    What trading system do you recommend? Pros and cons?
    Is Metastock good?

3) Automated trade
    After I selected a tradiny system and have drawn strategy plans, how can I automate my trade?
    I'm not sure if the following functions are available in my automated trade:
    - when the criteria are met, "a sound alert + pop-up" will trigger (with time limit), asking me if I would approve or decline the order. If I don't respond within the time limit, it will send the order automatically.
    - when criteria are met, more than 1 order is activated and ready. Each order has its own criteria. If the criteria for that order are met, it will send the order and cancel the rest.

Thanks for your help!

2. TradeBolt

TradeBolt TradeBolt, LLC

1) Sites
    Does anyone know if there's any site which discuss about them?
    I would like if they could teach me some concise step-by-step how to make it work, from finding brokers (which supports automated trade/trading system), set-up trade system, to atuomate trade by setting some parameters.

--> Striker has a very good educational section to their website. Check out http://striker.com/E0201_systemtrading.php?page=02. You can follow the links on the left (in red) to learn about different things. They also have a list of strategies for you to check out (follow the link to List of Systems, http://striker.com/E0203_systemtradingList_orderby.php?page=02&orderby=sysName).

3) Automated trade
    After I selected a tradiny system and have drawn strategy plans, how can I automate my trade?
    I'm not sure if the following functions are available in my automated trade:
    - when the criteria are met, "a sound alert + pop-up" will trigger (with time limit), asking me if I would approve or decline the order. If I don't respond within the time limit, it will send the order automatically.
    - when criteria are met, more than 1 order is activated and ready. Each order has its own criteria. If the criteria for that order are met, it will send the order and cancel the rest.

--> I'd say the best way to get what you want would be to have a customized platform developed to meet your specific needs. Using TradeBolt's Universal Link API, you can generate an alert, and we could easily program your approve/decline/auto order functionality. You can also use the Universal Link to perform the one-cancels-other functionality you asked about.

Check us out :) http://www.tradebolt.com/

Also, feel free to contact me at 800-977-2658 or 540-342-0738. You may reach us by email at support@tradebolt.com.

Good luck!

3. Frankly, is this software easy to use?
    Does one need to know programming / computer language before using it?

Thank you!

4. Dear schoops,
    Thanks so much for your answer.
    By the way, what does MIDD or ROA stand for?
    And why do we need " - Average profit per trade (commission free)"? To me, it seems including commision & other fees and calculate the average net profit. It seems to be more meaningful than gross profits!

5. Doesn't matter since my English is also very poor.

And what is 2MIDD? (2 times MIDD?)