TradingView review: "Screw 'em!"

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by tommcginnis, Nov 10, 2018.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

That's a good summary. :thumbsup:
    The answer goes back to the first post: I'll roll my own, which is *probably* where I'd end up anyway, so as to know each and every number/calculation/conclusion in intimate detail. Shortcuts would be fine, maybe even worthy of systemic adoption [!!]...... but only as long as they remain...short, right?:wtf:

With the "discovery":confused: on my part, of standard spreadsheet 'stock chart' capabilities (something of which I'd never needed to make any use), I expect I'll be all set -- even to the point to create separate data paths for showing on-chart entry/exit triggers. "Sweet!"

#21     Nov 15, 2018
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

In interests of full disclosure, I mentioned/talked-up "the glorious Investing.com" site early in this thread.

Was just there this morning (from the laptop in bed w/the morning coffee...:thumbsup:), and noticed that the basic feel of their charting (something I admit I don't use much at all) was familiar. I looked around a bit, and what did I see down in the lower left-hand corner?

"Charts courtesy of TradingView.Com" or some-such. Huh! I'll be damned. :rolleyes:
    I have liked/appreciated Investing.com for.... easily a decade, so their use of TradingView has got to be a vote of approval from them.

((But in any event, I expect that by the end of today, I'll have my own nice little system going. So, WTH. "Yay, me." :cool: ))

#22     Nov 15, 2018
  3. You are highly confusing or confused it seems. But I am glad you got it all sorted. Good luck.

#23     Nov 15, 2018
  4. Agreed. They suck compare to Thinkorswim

#24     Nov 17, 2018
  5. GotherL

GotherL

What execution I am totally confused? Isn't their main attraction web-based charting and they got some of the best. I don't know what else your using them for.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    #25     Nov 19, 2018
  6. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

Tradingview is a SOCIAL MEDIA + MARKETING medium - not a higher end web based charting platform. They built Tradingview to make cash - and boy did they! They did not build that platform for the higher end crowd.

#26     Nov 19, 2018
  7. Ldeyana

Ldeyana

Thank you for you opinion you have discribed your experience about the investment in market thats its a bad experience and a waste of time, but the language you used is not a professional one there might be the issue with the understanding of the investment method, try to be professional.

#27     Nov 21, 2018
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Can you show me how to do this?

Thanks.

#28     Nov 29, 2018
  9. userque

userque

Found a video that looks like it might explain it well enough, (but I didn't watch the whole thing.) ... let us know if you have any questions.

#29     Nov 29, 2018
    ironchef likes this.
  10. heispark

heispark

IMHO, TV is the best to beginners starting Futures trading. It's very intuitive and elegant..... :thumbsup:

#30     Dec 2, 2018