Tradingview Public Library

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ElectricSavant, Oct 26, 2019.

1. I find that mixing two indicators and/or strategies helps greatly, because following lagging signals for both the entry and exit makes it impossible to tune them optimally. For example, Use one signal for entry and another signal for exit.

Another way is to mix two signals like this: use one for directional bias and the other for entry and exit but only in the confirming direction.

ES

P. S. I am trading live this way with success, But I have spent hundreds of hours to discover good combinations.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    #11     Oct 27, 2019
  2. In Tradingview there seems to be repainting issues with some of the free shared indicators and strategies.

Es

#12     Oct 27, 2019
  3. I have found great strategies that do not appear to be great. If you run the strategy tester and look at the list of trades you can discover a lot. Sometimes they go too far back on a contract. You also need to adjust the properties to match the instrument.

Also the strategy tester does not work on Renko or HA chart types.

Es

#13     Oct 27, 2019
  4. I have found some authors that I like and open up their pages and look at their scripts to save me time
    ES

#14     Oct 27, 2019
  5. Does anybody have an opinion about pine script?...it seems very limited.

Es

#15     Oct 27, 2019
  6. I use AMP Trading and trade straight from the Tradingview charts. Do any of you folks do that?

Es

P.s. I wish Tradingview was a sponsor here.

#16     Oct 27, 2019
  7. I don’t know bud they’re moving up quick. Tradingview went to 1M to 3M+ subscribers quickly. I underestimated them and passed up on a VC investment opportunity during their first round.

#17     Oct 27, 2019
  8. heispark

heispark

TV is good for casual or traveling users. However, as you can see below, their charting is very limited even to the most expensive plan.

2019-10-28_10-33-44.png

I have Premium license but I am spending more time on MotiveWave and Thinkorswim now. Also, web-based charts usually have minor delay (half a second) in bar display. That being said, I prefer dedicated software platforms.

#18     Oct 27, 2019
    Real Money likes this.
  9. Of course, it's good for shit, but their free version beats anything web-based that's free.

#19     Oct 27, 2019
  10. easymon1

easymon1

mr real money, wondered if you might label a couple of entry signal triggers on that chart?

#20     Oct 31, 2019