tradingview.com is the most popular backtest platform now?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GloriaBrown, Jan 6, 2020.

1. schizo

schizo

Their charts are sleek and all, but you really should know how to code pinescript to backtest (and walk-forward) your strategies and place trades.

https://www.tradingview.com/pine-script-docs/en/v4/essential/Strategies.html

A strategy is a Pine script that can send, modify and cancel buy/sell orders. Strategies allow you to perform backtesting (emulation of a strategy trading on historical data) and forwardtesting (emulation of a strategy trading on real-time data) according to your algorithms.

A strategy written in Pine has many of the same capabilities as a Pine study, a.k.a. indicator. When you write a strategy, it must start with the strategy annotation call (instead of study). Strategies may plot data, but they can also place, modify and cancel orders. They also have access to essential strategy performance information through specific keywords. The same information is available externally in the Strategy Tester tab. Once a strategy is calculated on historical data, you can see hypothetical order fills.

#41     Jan 10, 2020
  2. Do you use pine script to trade or back test? I found the back tests were way too optimistic with pine script

#42     Jan 11, 2020
  3. schizo

schizo

Neither. But it's worth taking full advantage what TradingView has to offer. Some people here are too eager to brush off anything as unimportant without knowing what they're talking about.

#43     Jan 11, 2020
  4. Well I used it and like I said it was too optimistic

#44     Jan 11, 2020
  5. This .com backtest result is super buggy, doesn't make any sense in a lot of places, I test it for few days and don't tell me you really use this for serious purpose.

#45     Jan 12, 2020
  6. Too sad that so buggy

#46     Mar 13, 2020
  7. i dont see whats the problem using TV, if your result too amazing that would be your fault not understanding it. CMIIW

#47     May 26, 2020
  8. Does anyone use this for auto trade?

#48     Jan 26, 2021