Tradingview Calculation in Multiple Timeframes Problem

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Wippi1817, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Hello,

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong in my TradingView calculation.

I am currently calculation my volume for 15 min timeframe with the following code:

timeframevolume = (security(tickerid, "30", volume))

The timeframe where I am watching my charts is 5 min.

When I am watching the realtime charts for this indicator it looked like this:

upload_2019-6-18_21-11-48.png

So there are 6 bars with different amount of volume 7:30 - 8:00 - that is correct because i took the screenshot at 7:59 - so the last bar was not finished. Then i reloaded the page (at 08:01 - when the next 5 min bar started) - then the following screen appears.

upload_2019-6-18_21-12-44.png

that is also correct because the 30 min is complete - and it seems that the last bar in the grafik above was the actual one and the correct one for the complete periode.

My question - I have an exit condition when 30 min bar is red (has a certain volume) - do I have a problem with my strategy? Is this the repainting problem? Is trading view calculation the correct values?

Thx

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    One big problem is ''exit when 30 min bar is red has a certain volume.''
    Even a multi million share volume , or more, will vary greatly , like seasons/summer + strength of the trend+ direction of the trend..................................................................That applies to any time frame .

I seldom see any 2 time periods with same/exact same volume; even though it's strange how many time average volume is average/near average.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: