TradingView - Anyone used this?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dominover, Aug 6, 2020.

1. dominover

dominover

I'm considering using TradingView for day trading soon and I'm wondering if anyone out there has used this.

What I wanted to know was if I subscribe to live data feeds, does this give me Dynamically updating charts? Or... do I have to refresh the chart to see the changes every time?

I tried their support team but nobody answers.

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

It is the 320th largest website so a lot of people have used it.

The charts are dynamic. They should be dynamic but delayed without subscribing.

dominover and Onra like this.
  3. dominover

dominover

Thanks. That's what I needed to know.
    It's amazing you know.. I have gone to my broker here in Australia (CMC Markets) and they provide so called dynamic data. But on enquiry that dynamic data only applies to the DOM and not the charts. You have to keep refreshing the chart to see the changes in their charts.

I'm amazed how the industry survives here in Australia.

4. Onra

Onra

If you want to use TradingView to trade, your broker will provide (paid) data.
    Schermafbeelding 2020-08-06 om 10.10.35.png

dominover likes this.
  5. heispark

heispark

As an execution platform, TV is a mediocre platform at best.

apdxyk and dominover like this.
  6. toby400

toby400

TV works with Trade Station just fine.

dominover likes this.
  7. dominover

dominover

I should have mentioned, I'm in Australia so the options for reasonably priced data are limited here. I'm specifically trying to trade the ASX.

8. apdxyk

apdxyk

Don't do that. ASX exists only thanks to its lifeline: superaunnuation. TV is buggy for trading, it is OK for EOD homework.

Sleep well.

dominover likes this.
  9. I love the charts. For actually placing orders it is far from ideal, for day traders. Nevertheless that is what I am currently using but since I am under the PDT threshhold, about 3/4 of my trades are at least overnight anyway. I would like to see things like trailing stops and bracket orders, and customizable columns in the portfolio and orders views.

dominover and Onra like this.
  10. dominover

dominover

Yes I came to the conclusion that whilst it provides a good set of charting and drawing tools for analysis, I wouldn't use it to place orders. I'm in Australia so I don't think anyone's data will connect to them for placing trades.

The other issue I have is that I really need a live dynamically updating order book which given the problem I mentioned above, it will not be possible.

I've ended up looking at the Iress Viewpoint platform or WebIress offered by a number of Australian and one global bank. Their range of indicators covers the essentials (vwap, volume profile,,) but no option for plug-,ins like Market Profile unfortunately. But very few platforms do anyway. Metastock for one.

#10     Aug 8, 2020