tradingrooms

Discussion in 'Trading' started by notebookled, May 31, 2012.

1. speero

speero

Exactly. No one wants to learn, they want someone to manage their money without paying them to do so, and with their own finger on the trigger so they feel like they have "control".

Steps to hosting a premium service:

1. open a paper trading account
    2. post tons of charts so several out of the bunch will go in your favor
    3. make arbitrary "trades" and use cryptic wording on entries and exits, such as "nibble" "taking a piece off here" "unloading a bit".
    4. ???
    5. profit from leech mentality

That's probably like 99% or so of these things that post "trades" or have "systems". Don't be a sheep. Sheep get slaughtered like pigs.

#11     May 31, 2012
  2. speero

speero

Don,

You seem to be well-versed and have a good reputation around here and have brought up a conversation I'm curious about.

How is it that these types of services with hundreds or THOUSANDS of subscribers can use ticker symbols in their chat rooms and not be investigated? I always just assumed it's because the SEC does not care, or that this type of thing is so new that it has not happened yet. However, perhaps it has and I am uninformed of the incidents.

Think Tim Sykes. How is this legal?

#12     May 31, 2012
  3. Gueco

Gueco

try opentrader.com, they have mentors and you can see the trading screen of the mentor and the trades being done in real time

#13     May 31, 2012
  4. shfly

shfly

Free trial: http://www.millennium-traders.com/services/trial.aspx

In the stock room, Barry calls out the trades (he does not trade himself), tickers and all. Long or short.

I'd watch, papertrade for awhile...then go live. Just remember, this is hard work, you're not going to make a killing overnight. If however, you have the patience, you will get rewarded. I believe it's been said here on ET that to "get an edge" (your edge), it can take 10K hours/5 years. So again, patience...

#14     May 31, 2012
  5. can i get turn down service.

s

:cool:

#15     May 31, 2012
  6. speero

speero

Guy actually admits to not be trading? Jesus.. join a room with real traders and just collaborate. You'll get better value out of some "guru".

#16     May 31, 2012
  7. it depends in which country you life.

i know some institutional traders from germany they have a trading room.

they communicate concrete trade, also on US stocks

but iam searching for an US tradingroom.
    i dont get it... why is it forbitten ? analysts make the same things.

#17     Jun 1, 2012
  8. Surdo

Surdo

What about Jaime's room filled with Hedge Fund traders, No I will not name the room!

It's co-moderated by a frequent CNBC speaker.

#18     Jun 1, 2012
  9. Good question....let me think.....not in my experience from the dozens I have tried even as a prop.
    Experienced traders tend to stay away unless they have a financial motive to be in the room. New traders flock to them to gain experience, so rooms are full of bad alerts, noise, chat, distractions.
    Better to focus on the task at hand - your trade setups.

#19     Jun 5, 2012