Tradingmarkets.com

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jskeldon, Sep 11, 2001.

1. I've been with TradingMarkets a couple of years, and I agree with the comments here that it has gone down hill dramatically. For a while they were kicking RM's butt, but now I find I am on RM more and TM has become kind of an afterthought. Too bad, because they really had it together for a while. Losing Kevin Marder and Jeff Cooper was a big blow. I find Haggerty useless. If Goran has left as well they are in very deep trouble.

I would not write them off too quickly however. From some correspondence I've had with them, I believe they are well aware they have a problem. They tend to be very responsive to legitimate issues, and I think they are certainly capable of turning things around. I agree that the trading lessons are worth the cost of subscription.

#11     Oct 8, 2001
  2. lescor

lescor

I've been a subscriber for a few years and they keep getting better. Maybe because they developed a revenue base other than advertising.

Todd Harrison is a superb trader with very good insight. Herb Greenburg is aften early on his picks, but I can't recall a loser out of all of them. And when he really nails one, the blow-up can be collosal. Jim Cramer is a market commentator now with longer term views, I liked him better when he was still at his hedge fund. I learned just about everything I know about technical analysis from Gary B Smith and have done very well trading his methodology.

Many other good columnists, I'm on the site all day.

#12     Oct 8, 2001
  3. I agree. I've been a member of tradingmarkets.com for a year now, and things have been deteriorating with the key traders leaving one after another. I used to visit their site almost every trading day. Now I only drop in a couple of times a week. I probably will not renew my subscription.

#13     Oct 8, 2001
  4. RealMoney announced today that Todd Harrison was taking a "sabbatical" of undefined length. Too bad, he was very good and had an uncanny knack for trend changes.

#14     Oct 8, 2001
  5. IRAF

IRAF

Hi,
    I just got back from the TradingMarkets 2001 conference. It was very nice to meet all those professional traders in person. Unfortunately the conference was not as day-trading oriented as I would have hoped, instead there were a lot of interesting presentations on option, swing and intermediate-term trading.

Of the daytraders I did like David Floyd's presentation the most as he actually got into details of what works and doesn't work for him. Kevin Haggerty on the other hand presented a ton of information, but IMHO most of his presentation was extremely disorganized and not too usefull.

Has anyone here attented the conference? How did you like it?

Thanks,
    IRAF

#15     Oct 8, 2001
  6. lescor

lescor

Hopefully he won't be gone too long. They need to find new offices for the hedge fund since the 11th. He's president of Cramer Berkowitz now. He's mentioned how commited he is to writting, so I don't think he's abandonning it.

#16     Oct 8, 2001
  7. Well, where should I start?

Expectations - I had non. You can't expect much from such short sessions.

Actual Experience - Vegas is always a lot of fun. After attending a couple of seesions, I decided to spend my time at the black jack table. There was nothing in the presentation that was a "brakthrough" strategy to say the least.

I did enjoy meeting the traders there, and I found out why Jeff Cooper left (I used to be an investigator, so it's in my blood to dig:)).

Looks like TM has major problems, because the guy who runs the show is ... well I can't really write it, but you can use your imagination on this one.

Let me put it this way. The writers and presenters get ZERO! He gets all the money. Does this sound like a fair deal to you?

"Sucker" is a breed that does not die. When one sucker finally has enough and leaves, a new sucker takes his place immediately.

Here is what I mean: I spok with some presenters there and not only that they do not get ONE CENT from the $895.00, but they also do not get any royalty from sales of their material after the conference! Nice deal for the OWNER, isn't it.

TM will never see one cent from me ever again! I will never buy a book published by Gordon even if it is used. I will not support this man. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE TM, and I spend hours there daily. But I go there to read material by people who NEVER get paid for their work, and that is a crime as far as I am concerned.

Hope your was better than mine <g>

Bill

#17     Oct 9, 2001
  8. What did ever happen to Raul?

I met him at the Money Show in Las Vegas in May 1999 (or 1998). He was with a guy named Danielo. Raul introduced himself to me as the founder and owner of tradehard.com. (the name before it became TM). I just wonder what happened to him. http://www.tradingmarkets.com/index.cfm/12181999-3077/

No mention of his name at all. The plot thickens ...

Bill

#18     Oct 9, 2001
  9. IRAF

IRAF

Sniper_Trader1,
    Why did Cooper leave? I have been wondering about this for a while. What's the deal with Goran, is he also as good as gone?

Also, if none of the get paid, why in the world do any of them do this? It seems that all of them are making some decent money as traders, why would they devote their time to TM for free?

Also, which presentations did you like and dislike?

Thanks,
    IRAF

#19     Oct 9, 2001
  10. I shouldn't have made my previous posts. I regret that I did, because there is no way I can support what I said without hurting anyone. This is not my intention. Please disregard my previous posts.

I apologize for that.

Bill

#20     Oct 9, 2001