Tradingcomputers.com

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trader1966, Sep 26, 2006.

1. i disagree with the poster who says the cheaper dell's aren't good for trading. i just bought 2 dell e505's with intc duo chips and 2 gig of ram and there awesome for $500 each. i run 12 dynamic screeens and with 8 different brokers all witht here own dynamic level 2's throwing in 100's of orders a day with never a hickup. every dell i've ever had i've enver had a hickup. go ahead and spend 5k on a system

#11     Sep 26, 2006
  2. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

I bought a system from tradingcomputers.com 9 months ago. Pricey, but worth it in my opinion......if you are a serious trader then saving a couple bucks should not be a concern; you should look at as an investment in your business. They provide a high level of customer service, which is helpful if your a trader and not an engineer (like me). The only draw back is that my machine is a bit noisey and throws off a lot of heat, but that's probably because its a powerful machine.

#12     Sep 26, 2006
  3. I bought the cheapest model available from tradingcomputers.com about 6-8 months ago. built-in capability to handle 4 monitors, and I run esignal on two screens, a couple of excel spreadsheets, redi-plus software, plus have a windows explorer in use but minimized most of the time. The system has handled my needs without any problem.

Prices were a little cheaper at the time (I spent about $1000 on the box), but in comparison, I realized that the low-end dell wouldn't handle my needs. By the time I factored in a dell computer and additional video card, plus my time to do the upgrade, plus any compatibility problems that I might encounter, it made more sense to spend a few extra dollars to have someone else build it for me.

Unless you enjoy tinkering with computers, save yourself some headaches.

#13     Sep 27, 2006
  4. gnome

gnome

If you are at all savvy about installing video cards and RAM (how hard can it be?... just plug 'em in), you can put together a fully competent trading rig for 4 monitors and RAM for about $500, not including monitors of course.

If not and you can't find a pal to help you out, suggest going to a local clone shop and tell them you want:

a. Decent mobo, no onboard video chip
    b. Good PSU, low noise (low noise on CPU cooler, too)
    c. Name brand RAM
    d. Workstation class video cards (no fans), like Nvidia Quadro NVS or Matrox
    e. If running Windows, get XP Pro... its extended support will run for 5 years after Home ends.

Beyond that, it's only bells and whistles.

#14     Sep 27, 2006