Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GabbyJay, Nov 12, 2009.

1. GabbyJay

GabbyJay

Absolutely right.

You don't.

You just have to assume that they ARE telling the truth based on their statements.

#11     Nov 13, 2009
  2. +1

There is absolutely no reason for a profitable trader to bother "proving it" on public message boards, unless they are trying to sell something. Non-traders and skeptics are owed absolutely NOTHING.

#12     Nov 13, 2009
  3. And not only that, the guys who take the extra step and try and prove it, just get ridiculed or called liars. The skeptics WANT these people to show losses or small gains so they can justify their own mediocrity. If someone shows "big" numbers, they MUST have used photo shop :)

#13     Nov 13, 2009
  4. GabbyJay

GabbyJay

Right, well that shows how much we've digressed then as a society when we can't even be open and honest about what we do best on a forum that directly compliments it with the name "Elite Trader"..

#14     Nov 13, 2009
  5. Successful trading is so ultra competitive it really isn't something you want to reveal to others en mass. The reason one can make sooo much money in trading is because sooo many others must lose. That's the way the game is set up.

As they say, don't hate the playa, hate the game :)

PS You don't see companies revealing their trade secrets to one another do you?

#15     Nov 13, 2009
  6. GabbyJay

GabbyJay

No, but I'm not asking for trade secrets on this thread nor am I asking people to divulge in their trading strategies one iota. I am just asking for the real traders of the forum making money to please stand up and identify yourself and if you're struggling, well, I want to hear from those guys too.

I'm just kinda polling right now.. I feel that there are more losing traders on this forum who are "getting there" than ones who are actually successful right this second. I go even further to argue the point, "If a trader is successful, why does he even need to be on Elite trader?" What benefit does it serve him?

Does he want to take the Jack Hershey approach and try to pass off his supposive "wisdom" to the rest of us as a good faith idea?

Or, is he just bsing us to try to sell his crummy marketing /trading system.

I'm real curious here, and rightfully, you should be too.

#16     Nov 13, 2009
  7. To your point as to why be on ET, my answer is I HAVE to be at my computer to trade in real time each day and there is a lot of downtime between setups. ET is a good place to throw around banter and whatnot and kill time between trades.

Of course there is going to be many more losing traders than there are winners, again this is the way the game is set up. Same reason why pro athletes make so much more than most people, the washout rate is HUGE. Just like in trading or any other field where the financial rewards are very great.

PS You may just be polling and very politely I must add, but the vast majority of people who want answers are the bitter or angry sort who want nothing more than to justify their poor results. Since you aren't trading you aren't coming at it from that perspective.

#17     Nov 13, 2009
  8. I am sure there are some truly profitable traders in here. Majority of them will most likely stay quiet to avoid having their mail box flooded with messages, avoid argument from other profitable trader, and avoid the possibility of having their account hacked.

You just never know who is who on the internet. The smart, sophisticated poster with complicated trading strategy could be just some recent college graduate. On the other hand, the retarded poster who just write gibberish could be some famous trader playing around in ET during his/her spare time.

#18     Nov 13, 2009
  9. Gabbyjay:

Your post above is what it is. Not very poingnant just kind of superficial.

I enjoyed your comment about me. In another thread I read comment from a guy who was 17 in 1987 and he was explaining the facts about market crashes to others.

I also enjoyed the crash in 1987 as an active trader.

At that time there was a method of testing markets with regard to their promise. The person who came up with it published a daily market newspaper called IBD.

Did people use this market test just use it in good faith or did they use it for other reasons?

You would have ask him if he had a reason for publishing a financial newspaper after he became wealthy doing another business. Why would he write books and suggest market tests of the market's promise?

Your posts, when read, suggest that you are posting a lot of different viewpoints and within these your personal history is not too clear. Lots of poeple post this way on forums like ET.

My conclusion is that most of the time, such people are phishing for something they haven't quite defined as yet.

So you can now have a package deal. The package is this. See if you can figure out what has been posted recently on the market's behavior.

You make a point quoted below:

"If a trader is successful, why does he even need to be on Elite trader?" What benefit does it serve him?

Does he want to take the Jack Hershey approach and try to pass off his supposive "wisdom" to the rest of us as a good faith idea?"

As a person siting "outside" the trading world and as a person who is a "taker" rather than contributor, you are suspicious and would like to be making some money. There are tons of people like you.

Raskolnikov gives you some pointers and you aren't responsive but you post words to him.

You see me as passing of something in quotes, or rather "trying" to passoff something in quotes.

here is something that you can do.

Look at a traderzones post where he put up a pic of a jug to make a point about me. You made a point; traderzones made a point.

I spoof Traderzones when he fucks up regarding me. I raise the ante and he goes into the programmed sequence I have managed to program him with.

I posted 20 trades a day ahead of time under the pic he posted of me.

Then the next day I narrated the 20 trades as they happened in the order I called for the trades.

The last call was the end of a channel which was the breakout channel that ended the Bull retrace of this Bear economic period we are in. I called it within 5 to 7 minutes and 24 hours before the event.

I did not make the calls 24 hours ahead of time from "sopposive 'wisdom'".

I have never "tried" pass off anything to get anyone to the expert level of trading like prepping for a day by listing the next 20 trades and calling the end of a channel.

What happens when Raskolnikov contributes to help someone is that the person either "gets it" and makes good use of it, or they do as Traderzones does and just do some fuck off kind of thing.

What expert traders on ET do for others is be helpful to those who have minds that are being used to learn how to become expert.

If someone backtests what skilled trader offer, they can post their method and its results and the expert can coach them on how to improve their backtesting.

The 17 year old posting on the '87 crash has NO IDEA of how the financial industry operated at that time. There are many people, including some of WJO'N's protogeges, who knew the crash was coming and who went to cash well before the crash. These same people also knew a day before the recovery officially began that an article was going to be published to make the anouncement. (Goggle: rally attempt analysis).

Just so you know how to regard me and others like me in the future, read my response to traderzone's latest fuckup with me. Go to search (jack hershey) and pick off my calls a day ahead of time in response to traderzones recent fuckup. Then read the next day's commentaryand charts and logs. Then you can read five years of posting on how to learn to trade the Pool Extraction Paradigm.

At some point you will figure out that you do not trust the market. you made the decision to be untrusting; it permeates your thinking at this point.

I've made other calls and posted other prints as well. I entered the market short with a series of partial fills this (Thursday) am @ 9:34:48 etc.... see if that was a suitable call.... It mus have been fun to be using a lap top in a guest waiting room at an airport this am.. I had to go check the TV to see why the ride was so terrific....

For others who are trading the looping of the end of the short channel and the failure to begin a long channel ..... just enjoy annotating the loop.... The pattern is there on sub and BBT levels and it is really fun to see the looping over and over using a horizontal line as a cancel trigger.

#19     Nov 19, 2009
  10. lescor

lescor

Read through some of the older Trader P/L threads where guys posted actual screen shots of their blotters.

I personally know about 10 traders, all of whom I've met here on ET and converse with daily, who have consistently made mid 6 figure to high 7 figure incomes from trading for years.

All of them are just average guys trading their own accounts. They've built their capital up through years of consistency and a risk averse attitude. None of them are big swingers. None live the high life, just average joes who humbly keep plugging away and minting money. They have no reason to toot their own horns.

#20     Nov 21, 2009