Trading YM Consistently?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by marc2market, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Very true.

Also most people don't appreciate good things if it is free. If you charge them a shitload of money, they would pay attention....

#21     Jan 11, 2007
  2. Hehe Pekelo,

You are hired as the marketing manager. Although our current room members will be a little annoyed.

As a newbie I have been on that other side of the fence. After completing my personal training felt I had learned the holy grail to happiness.

What had been so easy for my mentors became a nightmare for me to follow. Also learned some of the problem was myself.

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com

#22     Jan 11, 2007
  3. notouch

notouch

I was looking at your website and noticed that you have a system with an 83% win rate. However the stop is 40 points and the first profit target is 10 points. It is expalined on your website that letting the trade run beyond the 10 points in backtesting only worked out slightly more profitable than closing all positions at 10 points. An 83% win rate when the stop is 4 times greater than the profit target wouldn't leave you much profit in the long term.

Is this the system you're referring to or are you referring to another?

#23     Jan 11, 2007
  4. Notouch. The 83% win rate was an error in the back tester coding. It has a 90% win rate. Please e-mail CajunSniper for any more about the Max Span setup. He handles all issues related to that setup and has spent a lot of time using it. Today we took +54 YM points on it. Even if we hit two 40 point stops in a row (which has never happened in the life of the system) we'd still be net green.

#24     Jan 11, 2007
  5. JGTrader

JGTrader

xxxskier, what is VOLD and what do you use for market depth?
    A simple link will work so I can do more DD.
    I just started trading DIA and using some of John Carter's set up, but still getting a feel for things.

JG

#25     Jan 11, 2007
  6. notouch

notouch

Very nice system. Just going through it with esignal I got a 100% win rate over the past 10 days using a 20 point stop and profit target. 100 points a week in a market that has shown signs of trending and ranging - not bad!

I assume your guy is the expert on it though so maybe his more extensive backtests came up with different results.

#26     Jan 11, 2007
  7. PLATER

PLATER

The opening range breakout system has in fact been around for quite a while.

#27     Jan 11, 2007
  8. Yes good point. Most of the setups, indicators and other strategies have been around for ages. Some have been renamed, tweaked, modified. Find whatever works for you and run with it.

Cajun has developed specific rules that he finds most profitable for the YM but that doesn't mean others won't work.

#28     Jan 11, 2007