Trading Woodie's CCI ;-)

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Remiraz, Feb 3, 2005.

1. alipang

alipang

Not really. I go in there off and on, say hello to Woodie and that's about it. The CCI works but it takes discipline, as would any other system.

I also noted that the character of the room has changed with many other players.

I still use Sierra but I noticed that Esignal is the service of choice now.

BTW , thanks for all the good work you have been doing with Sierra.

Alipang

#21     Feb 3, 2005
  2. I see... I don't even know what that means.

#22     Feb 3, 2005
  3. Your welcome.

Andy, look it up. You might find you can avoid most of the choppy phase.

#23     Feb 3, 2005
  4. did woodie invent the CCI or is he the popularizer of it ?

thanks,

Hank

#24     Feb 3, 2005
  5. He developed (although this was called into question recently) a way of using it that was different to the developers intent.

Then he started teaching a few people about it in paltalk. It has spiralled from there Surfer.

#25     Feb 3, 2005
  6. i use a retracement type method now. Keeps me out of choppy conditions.

My question sort of backfired on me, haha. The point I was trying to make was that there is no perfect method. Everything has some sort of drawback to it.

#26     Feb 4, 2005
  7. mhashe

mhashe

I use woodies CCI to trade choppy markets and have been profitable to date. It's just another tool in my toolbox. However I don't use the regular CCI setup, I use multiple charts with 4 different timeframes along with price and another set of charts for dynamic support resistance and volume analysis. I like price on my CCI charts because that's what the rest of the market is trading.

Having spent time in woodies room, I would strongly recommend newbies to hang out there just because of the quality of traders and the trading knowledge they share selflessly. The good thing with woodies system is that it's open source and once you learn it you can modify it to fit your own personality and trading style. But the caveat is that you *have* to know how to trade before you go about modifying it.

As for those who say they lost money trading woodies system, I'd venture a guess that they'll also lose money trading every other system. They're just looking for a scapegoat for their losses.

#27     Feb 4, 2005
  8. Wow. Someone better go to the "club" and tell them that if they can't make it
    with "Woodie's" CCI then they may as well hang it up...:(

Woodie's CCI system really MUST be the end of the road for all traders... :D

#28     Feb 4, 2005
  9. Fortunately enough for many of us, then, you'd be mistaken. Fortunately for me I've only ever traded Woodie's methods on demo, not with real money (I reserve that for my two other systems that work steadily and reliably, because I need to make a living).

#29     Feb 4, 2005
  10. He made it popular...

#30     Feb 4, 2005