Trading Without SCT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe Doaks, Jun 4, 2008.

1. I am getting thoroughly tired of my clients (not to name names) taking credit for all the good trades they make using the systems I develop. As most of you know, I have a flowerishing practice creating stoplight trade systems for traders suffering from unique psychological deficits, up to and including the lack of a brain. But by far the most numbrous of my clients are traders who loathe Jack so much they wouldn't bother to learn SCT even if it worked. So they say to me, "Joe, build me a system that isn't anything like SCT." And I improve on these systems for each new client, sort of an intermittent refinement. So here is the first of hopefully many trades I will post, assuming that I am not summarily shut down. Flaming is encouraged, I can take care of myself, haven't seen the punk on ET I can't reduce to desperate sobs with the merest whiff of NLP language. Execution report attached, chart to follow.

2. Now don't expect me to hold your hands here ("Do the work!"). The fourth bar from the left started an obvious bull flag (it WAS obvious to YOU, wasn't it?). The trade was entered and exited somethat in advance of the two systems whose signals confirmed it. But I understand that SCT is a little loosey-goosey about the rules, too, especially when you smell a big trade.

3. Oh, I forgot to say why it wasn't an SCT trade. No trend line or channel was drawn. Volume was not used. DOM was not used. No invaginary relationship with any other instrument or index was invoked. I fact, the trade was eyeballed and confirmed by the two systems shown, and others. I'm not showing my actual trading screen, it would induce instant nausea and projectile vomiting in both pure-price traders and SCT traders alike. Four independent systems took the trade with differing entry and exit times.

4. I forgot to add that any other non-SCT traders may feel free to post exemplary trades here. You can even cherry pick them, don't care if you were net profitable for the day. Everybody lies here. But don't insult my intelligence. Lie convincingly. With at least a credible looking execution report. A chart would be nice too. You may even make bogus calls taking advantage of the fact that the ET clock is late five minutes.

5. Oh, and like any shrink worth his salt, I am going to prescribe the symptom. Every time I post a trade, I will be deluged by SCT amateurs posting elaborate charts to prove it WAS an SCT trade, haha! Done there been that before. It's pre-dickable.

6. This Just In!
    All My Girlfriend Wants To Do Is Get High, Drunk, and Watch TV. What Should I Do?
    by Dan Savage

Dear Dan:

“I'm a 23-year-old guy, and I have been dating my 21-year-old girlfriend for about two years. We did the long-distance thing for a year, and after she graduated, she moved from the East Coast to the Midwest to be with me while I finish my degree. Everything was great until she moved in with me. She has a nine-to-five job and pays her bills. After work, though, all she wants to do is get high, drink, and watch TV. I want to study, talk, or go do things. I find myself cooking every meal, cleaning up after her, and doing all the laundry. On top of this, a very mean side of her has emerged. I love this girl, or at least I loved her before we moved in together.

I know that we all have our shitty qualities and that I am a complete shitbag for thinking this stuff, let alone writing to you about it, but what should I do? “
    Signed: Shitty Boyfriend in the Midwest

Dan's Reply
    This is inelegantly put, I realize, but it came to mind when I read your letter, and my particular blend of dyslexia and Tourette's requires me to put it in print: If not break her heart now, SBITM, then when? And if not you, SBITM, then who? Some guy she isn't treating like shit?

Look, darlin', people get dumped all the time. With the exception of the 12-year-old "brides" of creepy "fundamentalist" Mormon fucksticks, a little getting dumped into each life must fall. And you know what? Most of us require dumping in our twenties; getting dumped is good for us. Yeah, yeah: Hearts break. But very few run-of-the-mill dumps at 21 cause hearts to break irreparably. She will get over it. Which is another way of saying that one day, believe it or not, she will get over you.

Now, here's why being dumped is often good for us: After a person is done wallowing in a pain that no one else has ever experienced or can possibly comprehend—although others' inability to comprehend never seems to stop a dumped person from yammering on and on—the person begins to examine the failed relationship for clues. Why did it end? Whose fault was it? If the dumped person determines that fault lies with the asshole ex, the dumped person resolves to be on the lookout for telltale signs of assholery in the future. Thus does being dumped inspire a person to date smarter and more defensively.

But often a little voice in the back of the dumped person's head tells the dumped person that the fault is theirs—that she, in this instance, was a stoned, drunk, inconsiderate, mean-spirited sack of shit—and the dumped person resolves to change or date only people attracted to stoners and drunks and slobs.

So dump her, SBITM, and tell her why. Then, while she packs and verbally lashes out at you and fucks your friends, remind yourself that dumping her was the right thing to do, for her and for you. There is no other option—unless, of course, you're willing to spend the next seven decades cleaning up after this inconsiderate piece of shit because she moved to the Midwest.
    Trading is hard enough, and if all you nincompoops can do is sit around and gossip all day while others are trading their plan, managing risk and book profits, then your thread should reflect that fact.

Later,

JJ :D

7. Attached is a VERY carefully selected example of the PissBreak (blue bar) indicator at work (most of the time it doesn't work). NQ M8, 30-seconds, 2:36:31 ET. Don't look for an execution report. I was taking a piss when it triggered. A classic eggsample of a non-SCT upportunity.

8. Here's my trade in AAPL today... of course I sold short in the upper shadow (wick) of the red candle closing at 11:10ET (I sold far too many shares to do all at the exact high of the day). Will let you know where I covered once I see where the low of the day will be after that point. Maybe later I'll post my blotter if you guys insist on proof.

• aapl.jpg
      File size:
      205.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Despite my moronic (though visually entertaining) attempts at levity, I see that you insist on taking the more serious route of staying on-topic with the OP's orginal thread concept.

OK, fine.

Here's a chart of a couple of scalps I took today. I was up late last night trading the EuroFX (the action was hellishly boring) so I missed the run-up in the financials this morning. :(

No worries, I got my jollies in the ZN and partook of a late breakfast (note: all trades were scalps, my weapon of choice).

Plan on hitting the gym later on today for an all around good time (ah, I remember when I used to be a productive member of society :D ).

Later,

JJ

10. 666. MOST impressive! It is ubligutory in this thread to post a blotter, because we are the very antithesis of SCT traders, haha. But wait, is that a 5 minute chart? I may have to excummunikate you, you're using volume, too, unless it's just there for color.

#10     Jun 4, 2008