Trading without paying commissions?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by PitchBlack, Sep 23, 2006.

1. This is the opinion of Lund,one of the founders:
    Our model is different. We run a lean operation, use the latest technology and rely entirely on word of mouth, guerilla marketing, viral campaigns and public relations to get the message out. As a result we can look at the $2 per trade as the cost of doing business – and still turn a tidy profit

Someone will always have to pay the expenses, but two question arise:
    How much are the REAL expenses?
    WHO will pay?

Future will tell us. One things is suer: the founders of Zecco have two things in common:

they have huge amounts of capital
    they all proved their commercial abilities in the past

My conclusion: they might be able to radically change the broker's world, and make some brokers go broke. :D

#11     Oct 1, 2006
  2. It'll be fun then .. but not free?

#12     Oct 1, 2006
  3. Nothing is free.

#13     Oct 1, 2006
  4. They claim you can have 40 free trades a month (not to exceed 10 trades per day) as mentioned earlier in this thread, They will offer limit orders. I wonder if you can "short" with them?

#14     Oct 1, 2006
  5. It sounds like Freetrade.com:
    "Unless you’re a day trader, you won’t spend a penny on commissions ever again. Day traders – you’re in luck, too. You only have to pay a paltry $3.50 per stock trade after 40 trades a month, up to 10 trades a day." --- from Zecco's about us.

But this will not work for day traders.
    There are $1.5/trade brokers out there, such as SogoInvest

#15     Oct 2, 2006
  6. Dunno, if you make an average of only $300 per round trip, thats $6000 profit , commision free a month

You know any daytraders who won't take that?

Most here at ET make than that in a day, I know, but some might like the pocket change.

#16     Oct 5, 2006
  7. Drew07

Drew07

If it sounds to good to be true.....

#17     Oct 5, 2006
  8. What's too good, and what's not to believe?

#18     Oct 5, 2006
  9. ozzie123

ozzie123

It's a very interesting business model. I might start a pocket-change account with them and see how it goes ;)

#19     Oct 6, 2006
  10. How long will Zecco stay in business? This freebie trade thing won't last forever.

#20     Oct 9, 2006