Trading Without Fear

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Hey you know, I've noticed not a little bit of the "oh, I'm so much smarter than all of you", "you're all so stupid, you don't even understand what I'm talking about", etc., constantly dissing the people you supposedly want to read your little bullshit threads.

It takes a loser to call everyone else a loser, without trying to focus on anything positive.

Later asshole.

#21     Jan 27, 2008
  2. high99

high99

Ahhh, Elite Trader. The home of the "my swinging dick is bigger than yours" forum.
    "Can't we all just get along?"

#22     Jan 27, 2008
  3. Mandelbrot, when did I ever say anything ugly to YOU? I guess people read my "little bullshit threads" because they like bullshit. And I thought that giving feaful traders an indicator just as good as price but not price so they wouldn't actually have to LOOK at price was clever. At least it works for me in my trading. There is a small coterie of ETer's here like me who think that private trading is an infinite source of amusement and insight into the tortured human psyche. I cannot count the number of times during the trading day that an event makes me practically roll on the floor puking.

#23     Jan 27, 2008
  4. Looks Wizetrade inspired to me. Their interface is snazzier though. Keep up the good work.

#24     Jan 27, 2008
  5. I have seen systems that do not use prices.

Woodies CCI Club uses the moniker "We don't need no stinkin' prices!", substituting an indicator for price. I cannot say if the people in his room have fear or not.

Also WizeTrade uses a greenlight/redlight indicator.

I'm not certain how an indicator alleviates fear. Wouldn't it be the system built around the indicator - assuming it's a good system - be what alleviates the fear?

And if so, wouldn't a good system built around price do the same, since it is the system that is at the heart of the matter?

#25     Jan 27, 2008
  6. Thank you, Blind and Wave. Your references to Wise-Ass Trade are on the money. Years ago when I couldn't sleep I would catch their ads and those of Teach Me to Trade on late night TV. Oh, how I wanted to be retireded/retarded and make all that money, too! The beauty of a stoplight is that you don't have to think. Red is red. Green is green. Yellow is yellow. What is price, haha?

#26     Jan 27, 2008
  7. Oh, BTW, here's the .efs code for the Nofear system. Elegantly simple, don't you think? And so much less scary to look at than raw price.

#27     Jan 27, 2008
  8. I knew it! lol

#28     Jan 27, 2008
  9. Two-faced and half-assed? The complete version, which I don't share with the public, colors volume according to the same subtle algorithm and puts that up as a stoplight. So whenever volume and price are the same color, you trade! I learned that nifty little trick from SCT.

#29     Jan 27, 2008
  10. Interesting. Now does that make you Happy? Why sooo Serious? Life got you Down? It is Okay, no one cares.

#30     Jan 27, 2008