trading without charts...suicide?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashmoney69, Feb 23, 2006.

1. I can trade profitably without charts. But I am not doing it currently. But this has nothing to do with being a good trader...except the profitable part...

#41     Mar 6, 2006
  2. MTE

MTE

You can trade a simple trend-following channel breakout system without charts. All you need is a piece of paper to write down the highs and the lows for each day.

#42     Mar 6, 2006
  3. Kind of sounds like that guy who wrote that book that was titled
    something like " How I made $2 Million in the Stock Market"....

#43     Mar 6, 2006
  4. MTE

MTE

Haven't read that book, but, if I'm not mistaken, the original Turtle system was something along these lines.

#44     Mar 6, 2006
  5. Yes, I believe the original Turtle system was based on entering on breakouts of 20-day hi/lows... If I am not mistaken...:p

#45     Mar 6, 2006
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yes. There is an arbitrary limit I came up with, and when the price move above or below, I move in. Simple breakout strategy, but consistently profitable. Similar to what the guys mention above, channel breakout. Except the limit is always the same, thus no chart needed...

#46     Mar 6, 2006
  7. Frege

Frege

#47     Mar 7, 2006
  8. I know some one who trades with out charts.....

he does not make any money either....

but then again 95% don't make anything anyways....

#48     Mar 7, 2006
  9. ALL CHARTS are is a visual 2d representation of price over time

anybody who can follow order flow and is reasonably mentally quick can trade without charts

im not saying it's optimal, but for some, of the scalper variety, charts can be more of a distraction than a benefit

i know a guy who has traded solely using time/sales and pit noise (u can buy a subscription to pit noise btw)

#49     Mar 7, 2006
  10. who needs charts? i don't even trade with quotes.

#50     Mar 9, 2006