trading without charts...suicide?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashmoney69, Feb 23, 2006.

1. dac8555

dac8555

if your strategy is simple enough, you can do it. Although i dont, beucse it is much faster and easier to use charts...but i think with my system, i could.

say for example if you bought the 52 week, on a breakout with higher volumes...like CANSLIM. you dont need a chart for that, it just helps scan a little faster.

#11     Feb 23, 2006
  2. If you trade a single market, day in, day out, you should pretty much get all the important levels in your head anyways.

Is it suicide? You never know til you try, and who knows, you might surprise yourself.

#12     Feb 23, 2006
  3. pushers and surfers; they focus exclusively on the order book and they make charts....their role is to create deception.

#13     Feb 23, 2006
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have a very simple strategy based on pure pricemovement, doesn't require charts. Keep it simple silly...

#14     Feb 23, 2006
  5. if u scalp, what use are charts anyway?
    also no much time to look at them if u are constatantly hittin'n'liftin'

#15     Feb 23, 2006

6. I know of a gentleman who scalps succesfully using nothing on his screen but level 3. He explained the basics to me, but I never was able to grasp it in real time. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I too would have been skeptical. Short answer, yes it can be done, 'but/if'....................:)

st

#16     Feb 23, 2006
    #17     Feb 23, 2006

8. Is he a day trader????? :D

st

#18     Feb 23, 2006
  9. News Flash, floor traders have been doing it for years. Its all about the market discovery proccess and validating liquidity levels.

#19     Feb 23, 2006
  10. Babak

Babak

I believe Don also trades w/o charts. I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in on this thread already. My 2c is that it all depends on your style. There are thousands of ways to trade/invest and make money. If you want to be successful you gotta look for your own unique style. That is what all market masters have done.

#20     Feb 23, 2006