trading without any indicators for daytrading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mounafia, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Picaso

Picaso

I think you missed his alias: Special [wink, wink] person.

Also, you are not so blond :p

#81     Oct 3, 2010
  2. Yme

Yme Guest

Disagree.

#82     Oct 3, 2010
  3. I'll be the first to admit, the P.O.P. was at one point a huge hinderance. I don't exactly keep it in my pants around women, but I am aware of the psychological implications of bowing to the P.O.P.

I am also quite partial to hot blondes. The ideal 3-way would be myself, a hot blonde, and a TT terminal with the Euro Futures on the DOM.

No indicators needed

:)

#83     Oct 4, 2010
  4. Ах тыж мышь епт твою мать:D :D :D

#84     Oct 4, 2010
  5. Indicators are just a another way of displaying price...with a lag.

Most efficient strategies I know - there's not a lot of them - are price action only

#85     Oct 4, 2010
  6. outsource, hey, no swearing in Russian! :D You are not the only Russian here :D

#86     Oct 7, 2010
  7. I apologise for all the insults that i`ve brought on in this board.
    NoDoji please forgive me i didn`t mean that:D

#87     Oct 8, 2010
  8. Just read the first few pages of this thread, saw the analogy with cars but don't think it's a useful analogy.

Someone mentionned indicators as being similar as a gps in a car - well, except that a gps is accurate and describes the present while giving indication on the near future ("turn right at the next cross" injunction ^^), while indicators give you a quantified view of the recent or not so recent past.

Anyway, I was thinking that maybe a better analogy would be to say that a technical indicator on a chart is more like the graph of a thermometer measuring the body temp of someone who's sick. It's more likely that you'll know how the sickness will evolve if you understand what the sickness is - not by merely looking at the graph (though it can help) or by checking the thermometer manufacturer or quality records. :D

Ok, markets are not _that_ sick. lol

Humm... really? ^^

#88     Oct 9, 2010
  9. Indicators are overrated.

I only use weighted and exponential moving averages, stochastic oscillators, MACD, on balance volume, candlestick formations and RSI.

#89     Oct 9, 2010
  10. oh, is that all...:confused:

#90     Oct 9, 2010
    i960 likes this.