Trading with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by flipflopper, Nov 13, 2009.

1. in that case my ass must look like your face. your compounding the hours like you compound your bullshit. have you ever wondered why your ignore list is so long? well, if your measured the shit that comes out your mouth it will equal the amount of people your ignore list. you clearly don't have a clue what i was trying to convey. all you could think about was the size of your cock and over compensated with your gesture of bullshit.. lol mr 56 000 hours.. any more large numbers you want to throw at me?

#31     Nov 17, 2009
  2. maxpi

maxpi

What a bunch of wanker cheapskates... Old OS's are the ones the cheapskates know and love... LOL

64 bit win7 is the future... show me a guy that won't spend money on his business and I'll show you a guy that isn't making much, LOL....

#32     Nov 17, 2009
  3. Loudmouth BS! Since when does the OS have anything to do with making money?

#33     Nov 17, 2009
  4. limau2

limau2

I had thought about it when reading this tread ...then this brilliant answer came:)

#34     Dec 5, 2009
  5. Speed of trade execution.

#35     Dec 5, 2009
  6. OK, this post is silly - but I'll play ball.

OS has nothing to do with making money trading.

If you have a trading strategy that relies on Gigs of RAM to execute efficiently then either you or your software has some serious memory leaks.

XP(32-bit) has significant issues with memory management about 2GB. The PAE extension was added to the NT kernel to address large amounts of memory, but it is hopelessly inefficient.

32-bit operating systems (ALL of them - including Win7) have a addressing limitation of 4GB of memory. No matter how sexy your system is, if you are using a 32-bit system, 4GB is your limit. If you are using XP on top of that, beyond 2GB will make your system feel like maple syrup in the dead of winter. Win7 32-bit runs quite nicely all the way to 4GB.

XP 64-bit and Win7 64-bit, on the other hand, compare quite nicely. Some services in XP have a higher memory footprint than their Win7 equivalents, but to the average user (99.9% of all ET users) the difference is negligible.

So to summarize - Win7(32) beats XP(32) hands down. Win7(64) versus XP(64) is pretty much a toss up. In reality though your trading strategy probably needs more improvement than your computer.

Forget Vista - it had the worst of both worlds.

#36     Dec 5, 2009
  7. You just went over precisely why people should upgrade. How are you suppose to sell or buy fast if your computer doesn't want to move its a$$?

#37     Dec 5, 2009
  8. jumper

jumper

I agree with you. I'm a scalper and speed is MONEY. The guys who say that it won't make you money must have strategies where speed is not as important. So, making a blanket statement is inaccurate.

#38     Dec 6, 2009