Trading with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by flipflopper, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Sorry, my hopes are up. I am able to utilize 4 gig of RAM now. As I wrote before my system idles at about 2.5 Gig. That means I have 1.5 Gig in reserve. On XP which only utilizes 2 GIG my memory usage was at 1.99 and my CPU would be spiking.

Same hardware superior OS.

I don't use IE so I am not susceptible to the scary viruses. Plus most people don't know this but I use something called a router... which protects me from other dos and infinite loop attacks which I have no idea why someone would want to launch on an individual!

Plus... how the f would you know it will be a hog in 6 months?!?! 7 has only been out a few weeks!! LMAO

This site is comedy.

#21     Nov 17, 2009
  2. You're talkin' out your ass, pal. None of which you've claimed have I experienced on any of my computers running XP.

#22     Nov 17, 2009
  3. you obviously know F-all about computers. windows 7 has been out for testing for since jan 09. Idiots like you went out and purchased it on the release date.

#23     Nov 17, 2009
  4. thats because your too stupid to notice..

#24     Nov 17, 2009

5. Actually Scataphagos is one of the most knowledgeable members of this site regarding IT, and has helped many of us, please crawl back under your rock mister 10 poster.

#25     Nov 17, 2009
  6. thats because its a 64 bit system chum.. you can get that too with 64bit xp

#26     Nov 17, 2009
  7. mr 10 poster... is this some kind of attempt at measuring the size of ones dick by translating to the number of posts?

Actually mr poster i have almost 20 years experience in the computer industry.

#27     Nov 17, 2009
  8. You are still a Douchebag!

#28     Nov 17, 2009
  9. your still a w@nker that doesn't know what he is talking about.

#29     Nov 17, 2009
  10. Well, let's see. (This is not for you... but for others, because you've already shown you deserve to be on my lonnnng ignore list...)

I run 2 computers during the trading day + 1 overnight... that's about 32 computer hours per trading day... x 254 trading days per year... that's 8100 computer hours per year... x 7 years on XP = 56,000 hours, roughly, and I've experienced NONE OF WHAT YOU CLAIM. I'm sure if I were having problems, I'd notice.

And therefore my conclusion... YOU'RE TALKING OUT YOUR ASS!

#30     Nov 17, 2009