Trading with the Market Makers

Discussion in 'Forex' started by expiated, Nov 23, 2020.

1. expiated

expiated

I have no interest in trying to beat the (Forex) market. My goal is to join it. In this thread, I'll explore some of the concepts that have helped me do so.

2. rb7

rb7

I know nothing about Forex but I'm surprised (skeptic!) that there are Market Makers in that market.

3. expiated

expiated

4. Dazz

Dazz

one video does not for success make.

5. Dazz

Dazz

Well truth be told: traders4traders.com has no live trading, no trade performance, no track record and is not a trade room; it is all vendor/no trader and now positions itself as a One Up, Leeloo, Top Step, etc.

6. expiated

expiated

7. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Guys please. You forget one thing with all this "trade like a market maker" bs:

Market makers have proper infrastructure and they have access to customer flow.

This means that they don't get to chose their position, they quote two sided markets all day at prices that favours them and when a client trades against that, they already have a profit that they have to hedge.

These guys don't give a flying fk about charts or risk management. The risk department gives them a delta, gamma, vega, DV01 limit (depending on what they trade) and they will max out their position 100% to this limit.
    Most of it is automated, meaning the dealer only adjusts the parameters of the quote machine.

The only thing a market maker does all day every day is managing his inventory because whenever he trades, he trades at a favourable price. He doesn't speculate, he doesn't bet on direction, he is always as neutral as possible.

You guys on the other hand sit at home, you have shitty setups, you have absolutely no client flow and you don't quote.
    That means you can never ever trade like a market maker and all these videos are nothing but misleading trash.

8. expiated

expiated

9. snowman80

snowman80

trade like a bank - good one

:D

10. What he says. As someone who spent a big chunk of my career as a market maker, I can say that most of what is said in these videos is nonsense. as a market maker you spend all day trading against order flow. almost never making directional bets unless its something like the residual end of a large order that you've been working or a variety of ways that you can trade against orders in your book. but even then, that's not your bread and butter. Most of the time you are given a position whether you want it or not and work continuously to get back to flat at an advantageous price.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    #10     Nov 23, 2020
    mokwit, Onra, cafeole and 2 others like this.