Trading with Market Profile

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by They, Oct 10, 2002.

1. http://www.tradingclinic.com/oneoff/...l20080606.html

Google “alex benjamin market profile”

I know Alex gave two webinars for the Chaigo Board of Trade a few years back. You will have to search the web for those.

Like I said, I don’t follow his site but I do know that he has traded professionally for 30 years. The fact that his site does not have the latest and greatest does not surprise since he probably operates it at a loss.

dVL

#501     Jun 29, 2010
  2. Alex is a good guy. He's a bit on the pessimistic side from an econ standpoint, but I believe he's correct. And he is low tech. He was looking for help to update the LDB last I hear. If you take a trial from IOAMT he may comment since he's in the room from time to time. There are some of his info and recordings over at TL.

#502     Jun 29, 2010
  3. pchan

pchan

Thank you, do you have a link to the info and recordings on TL?

#503     Jul 6, 2010
  4. Just joined ET. I was using another forum but i found too many posts were argumentative. Sure if there's a difference of opinion lets discuss it..but some of the posts / replys were just down right agressive.

About Me...I've been trading for about 18 months. A story many are familular with...paid £k's to have a trading 'education' from a company who's sylibus and info was available free elsewhere online.

Searched and Searched until i found Market profile, and Don Jones and AMVT.

I currently trade using a combination of Don's Figures, MP fundamentals and volume analysis from CBOT. I always looking to refine my system and grow as a trader.

Looking forward to input from others and maybe adding my 2 pence worth to a topic when its valid.

VT :)

#504     Sep 10, 2010
  5. Where have all the Market Profile traders disappeared to??? :confused:

#505     Nov 29, 2011
  6. bone

bone

Not sexy enough, not robotic enough, not automated enough, not Jack Hershey malarial coma delerious enough.

Too bad, because MP just plain flat out works. Always has.

#506     Nov 29, 2011
  7. Bondini

Bondini

We've all morphed into giant balls of pure light, floating 7 feet in the air.

In addition, those of us that are now multi-decade experts in the MP don't need to trade much these days (or choose not to), due to maximum financial security.

The time required to participate in all of the ensuing hijinks and shenanigans in which one can therefore partake, due to maximum affluence and prosperity, can consume what the uninitiated (or "whiners," as I prefer calling them) may attempt to label as “an inordinate amount of time dedicated to wine, women and song.”

Well, you know the old joke...opinions, a-holes, etc.

Sorry in advance if I offended anyone, but it is what it is. You think I'm kidding, don't you...

#507     Nov 30, 2011
  8. Well if that isn't a testimony for trading with the Market Profile, I don't know what is. Good for you guys - more power to ya! :D

I'm currently learning Market Profile by reading J Dalton's Mind Over Markets and using the free info on the following websites:

Trading Naked:
    http://trading-naked.com/MarketProfile.htm

Market Profile Trading A to Z:
    http://www.itradepod.com/Home/GlossaryM#marketprofile

Did you guys read Mind Over Markets?

#508     Nov 30, 2011
  9. Lets face it. Day trading is the hardest profession in the world. Most are just not willing to go through the steps necessary to learn the craft, far more become successful at it. MP is alive and well ever though its inventor (Steidlmayer) says it has now become irrelevant. He has moved on to “Volume Strips.”

Looks like it will remain in the domain of the professional trader. My MP use has become much more contextual and fare less mechanical.

Good luck,
    dVL

#509     Nov 30, 2011
  10. The second book, Markets in Profile is the superior book according to Dalton. It went right over my head the first time I read it because I was still in the mechanical stage of trading. I thought Markets in Profile was a waste of time, and it was because my mind could not see that far yet. It was only after I realized that markets are not mechanical did Markets in Profile make sense.

Check out Dalton’s web site too.

Of course Mind Over Markets is a necessary first step, but Dalton refutes many of the mechanical methods explained there.

Good luck,
    dVL

#510     Nov 30, 2011