Trading with Market Profile

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by They, Oct 10, 2002.

1. They

They

go ahead, trade em ya big sissy :p

#21     Oct 16, 2002
  2. They,

Maybe I missed the explanation, but how do you generate the cyan trade lines that you drew from the market profile and overlay on the regular bar chart? I'm presuming that the cyan lines "trade here" are calculated using market profile.

#22     Oct 16, 2002
  3. They

They

For the Price MP levels, I build it in a spreadsheet at the completion of each 30 min bar/candle.

I just place those levels on a 5 min candle chart for the next day.

As the week goes on I merge all daily MP data in to a weekly MP chart.

#23     Oct 17, 2002
  4. ddefina

ddefina

Can you give an idea of how you enter the info by hand into Excel? Do you use the volume of the 30 minute bar and the closing price, or the average for the bar??

I notice the pivot point is always very close to your ulv. Do you use pivot calculations, or purely MP. Fascinating stuff.

I'll have to try the Qcharts Beta. :)

#24     Oct 17, 2002
  5. They

They

All-right, which one of you pussys didn't take the trade?

#25     Oct 17, 2002
  6. ddefina

ddefina

So is 878 an old boundry from 10/15 that you would go long above and short below on the ES? I've been watching the markets reaction to this level and it seems to be a point of support so far.

#26     Oct 17, 2002
  7. They

They

just enter the range of the 30 min bars (high/low)

A = 9:30 - 10:00
    B = 10:00 - 10:30
    etc...

#27     Oct 17, 2002
  8. ddefina

ddefina

Thanks. On your spreadsheet, it appears 873 is highly represented on the weekly summary. Would this be viewed as support, or do you use weekly info that way?

#28     Oct 17, 2002
  9. They

They

yes, 878 was 10/15's upper value area and yes, you would have to say that the market has rejected 878 and below as a value(good place to buy/good place to sell), for now anyway...

personally I dont like to play off of VA's from 2 days ago although they are generally good for 2 points or as a target from an entrance off a previous level

well spotted:)

I did not even notice it until you pointed it out

I was too busy doing the chicken dance after bagging my 3 points(yes, I am a pussy trader too):eek:

#29     Oct 17, 2002
  10. 29, BA/Finance. I made a killing in the early 90's bull market (much of it while I was still in college) and have been trading full time for myself since 1996. I live in NYC. Love the city, love the nightlife, love the women, well at least the beautiful ones and there are plenty in this town.

#30     Oct 17, 2002