Trading With LMI

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Liberty Market Investment, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Were these limit orders?

#241     Nov 27, 2019
  2. wmwmw

wmwmw

They were market orders.
    Sometimes I want to avoid this and place a limit order, but it just doesn't get a fill.
    I mean if ask is 100.1 and I place a limit buy at 100.1, the order just stay there without a fill. If ask is 100.2 when I place a limit buy at 100.1, once ask move down to 100.1, it get an immediate fill.

#242     Nov 27, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

That doesn't sound good at all. A bug in their software? I mean, there is no advantage for the broker to not give you the fill. The more fills you get, the more money they make. So why would there be a purposeful glitch where you get filled one tick worse than the current market?

#243     Nov 27, 2019
  4. wmwmw

wmwmw

Your assumption is wrong. The more I failed, the more money they make.

#244     Nov 27, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Oh that's right, this is a prop firm. Sorry, lost track of the thread's context. (and the section it is in, heh.)

#245     Nov 27, 2019
  6. Hi wmwmw,
    It wouldn't be fair to say that Volfix emulates market execution incorrectly. In fact, there is a precise order execution emulation mechanism that is designed to be as close to the real market as possible.

Now back to your question. Let's make it clear how the orders are executed in the real market environment:

1. Market/Stop orders (I guess you've mentioned them first). Here's how the platform executes a market order once the price reaches it. Volfix checks the best DOM bid/ask and then executes the market (stop) order using that bid or ask. Sometimes this would mean that your order is executed at a price that's a tick (or more) worse than you expected. Such is the nature of the Market order execution - the execution itself is guaranteed, but the execution price always depends on the current best bid/ask.

2. Limit orders. A buy limit order can only be executed at the limit ask price or lower, and a sell limit order can only be executed at the limit bid price or higher. A limit order is not guaranteed to execute. A limit order can only be filled if the market price reaches the limit price. So unlike market orders, the execution is not always guaranteed, however the fill price would always be the limit order price or better.

Taken the above into consideration, this is exactly how the Volfix platform fills orders. I hope that answers your question. If you see further discrepancies between the Volfix orders' execution and how you think they should really be filled, would you please record a short video that explains where the discrepancies are.

#246     Dec 2, 2019
  7. wmwmw

wmwmw

It is not one tick worse than I expected.
    It is one tick worse than best bid and ask.

#247     Dec 3, 2019
  8. Could you record a short video with an example please? That would benefit all.

#248     Dec 3, 2019
  9. The LMI scheme must not actually be trading on the futures market but instead be a spreadbet or cfd equivalent this would seem to be the explanation as to why the fills are bad and the data is only $5. Obviously if you were trading a funded account on the real futures market you would be paying "professional" data fees for CME data.

Also they list bund 'exchange fee' as EUR56c per roundtrip when it's actually 40c

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    #249     Feb 3, 2020
  10. Hi doublechin and thanks for your interest in our program!

First of all, we do provide access to the real futures data feed when you get funded. You get the exact real futures data at a cheaper price than our competitors and yes, CME won't treat you as a "professional", so it's $5 per exchange and $15 across CME board.

As to your second question, the total commissions for FGBL is €0.56 (exchange fee)+$1.24 (other fees) = $1.86 in total. Compare that to our copetitors and you'll see that you can't trade EUREX any cheaper (proof). Can you find a cheaper alternative?

#250     Feb 3, 2020
    Ilmarinen likes this.