Trading with Krugman

Discussion in 'Journals' started by krugman25, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sle

sle

I did not ask a question, I was making a statement. My statement that "delta neutrality converts real life distribution to a risk neutral one" is not vague at all :cool:

This remind me of:
    [​IMG]

#51     Jan 6, 2019
    Nomad Trader and Overnight like this.
  2. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

But it brings up a good point which is that there are risks in my current portfolio I need to reduce.

One is with my buy and holds. Too much capital in too few underlyings. I will resolve that by adding more buy and holds from different underlyings.

The other is with my short options. I am not too well diversified there. Once my positions from December swing to profits I am going to let a few roll off and get short some more uncorrelated underlyings. If done right my theta numbers should be about the same but the risk will be lower.

#52     Jan 6, 2019
  3. Don't mind @sle - he hates it when engineer guys think they'll make money in the market.

#53     Jan 6, 2019
    krugman25 likes this.
  4. I'm very interested in how this goes, following your journal.

#54     Jan 6, 2019
    krugman25 likes this.
  5. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

I never went to college. barely graduated high school(no joke here), so I don't think I qualify as an engineer. ;)

#55     Jan 6, 2019
  6. Interesting. Well, keep posting on here and being open minded and I think you'll improve your chances. I'm just teasing @sle though he knows it's true.

#56     Jan 6, 2019
    krugman25 likes this.
  7. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

You certainly did ask a question, the one I was answering. You even called it dumb, but know there are no dumb questions in Krugman's Journal.

Ok. There are some questions that are kind of dumb, but not this one, lol.

" I'm sorry for asking dumb questions, but how can someone be Delta neutral yet outperform a trending market?" - @sle

#57     Jan 6, 2019
  8. sle

sle

"true story!"

#58     Jan 6, 2019
  9. sle

sle

Not that it matters, I was answering a question from @qlai

However, I will ask a question now - do you try to forecast volatility/distribution in any form or do you use some price-based break-evens and such?

#59     Jan 6, 2019
    Nomad Trader and krugman25 like this.
  10. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

Now your just being a question hog :rolleyes:

#60     Jan 6, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.