Trading with Gilliam Curves

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Reaver, Nov 9, 2007.

1. I have been looking into Gilliam Theory a little recently, and was wondering if anyone was interested in discussing this or offering a little feedback as far as using Gilliam Curves for trading.

A little taste as to how effective this can be.....

2. a little more something to savor for the doubters out there....

3. What's up Reaver?

Those Gilligan curves, along with 90% of TA, look like total nonsense.

4. I've been experimenting with a similar concept in my trading, but this is the first time I've ever heard of "Gilliam".

You need an appropriate signal to actually initiate a position, otherwise the move can go against you before your trade enters profit.

Good trading,

JJ

5. LOL just messing around with you man. LOLOLOL

I was bored so I figured I'd create some new TA concepts just for shits and giggles.

6. :) - you may be more talented than you think

JJ

7. I was just hoping someone would call me out on my Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy....

But then again, I technically didn't claim anything.

JJ is what you're referring to some sort of way to measure speed or acceleration?

Ironically, after my B-S-capade I am intrigued.

8. :D Nice.

I've never been a big believer in most TA...and those curvy lines had me laughing my ass off because some people would actually believe them.

P.S.--If you want some great TA help, PM Landis82. His analysis of the S&P support/resistance areas are very very good.

9. Through creative use of moving averags (my preference) or oscillators (not consistent enough for my tastes) you can very easily determine when an indice is oversold/overbought.

By utilizing a higher time frame it's possible to consistently enter trade with the dominant trend when the lower timeframe is out-of-synch with it.

But you must make sure you have a method/tool/indicator which enables you to catch the trend as it moves back in the direction of the major trend.

If you're bored, put in some time over here:

Why do people use Volume, Range and Tic charts?

One of the best threads on the site, and I highly recommend it. It will open your eyes to how to view price action while removing the element of time, which isnt necessary to intra-day trading, because we're only trading price. :)

Good trading,

JJ

10. You messing with me about the Landis thing LH? Am I walking into a BnB Analytics trap?

#10     Nov 9, 2007