Trading with Fractals

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by The Fractalist, Dec 3, 2009.

1. New High . . . go figure.

#21     Dec 4, 2009
  2. Lol!

#22     Dec 4, 2009
  3. Yes it is . . .

#23     Dec 4, 2009
  4. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Prof -

Do you think the probabilities of the equity market suggest a rally over the next few days?

I'd call this little pop at the open a long squeeze - just as we've seen these last few days. The meaningful intraday moves have been to the downside recently.

I don't believe the sort of moves shown in the chart happen on a dime so to speak.

Be long and (very) lucky!!

ST

#24     Dec 4, 2009
  5. Guys...I am still short

here another fractal that leads the previous one, due to the time frame

[​IMG]

#25     Dec 4, 2009
  6. I've posted a bit of a longer term chart (my position chart) of the same swing information Fractalist posted. I see the potential of a long term top setting up in this area but nothing, IMHO, has confirmed yet.

There are many ways to view a chart but once a trader finds a way to read that chart with consistency, he needs to marry that ability. Consistent profitability is achieved from consistent successes. I learned a long time ago that pattern recognition is only as good as the chart they are viewed on and I need natural oscillations and bars to see consistent support and resistance to make my trading decisions. Similar or close or seems or I think or maybe or I believe or I hope or could be are all words and terms that I feel have no business in a traders decision vocabulary.

#26     Dec 4, 2009

7. Words of wisdom!

LOL

#27     Dec 4, 2009
  8. I just shorted.

I'm not sure I buy this stuff, pretty as those charts may be, but the price action is driving me to the exact same conclusion - a trip to 1030 in 2-3 weeks.

#28     Dec 4, 2009
  9. Guilty until proven innocent on here ;). I'll take back what I said.

#29     Dec 4, 2009
  10. It's a matter of days not weeks...

#30     Dec 4, 2009