Trading With Downs' Syndrome

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Jan 18, 2008.

1. The current discussion of how to design systems tradable by the near-senile emboldened me to discuss one of my own projects, inspired by the plaints of a certain of my clients who trades. This wealthy client has a Downs child, and he desires for him a more noble employment than bag boy or stock clerk. His aspiration is that the child be able to trade as well as the average ETer. Now there is no shortage of systems which can be traded by a person of average intelligence or higher. But as most of you probably know, such systems have complicated, even convoluted, rules. Also their screen presentations tend to be quite complex. So to design a system tradeable by ET, and by extension by a Downs child, we came up with the attached system and presentation, shown in its entirety. It is a "stoplight" system usable by the least intelligent, and has some inconspicuous but nondistracting S/R levels accessible to the more gifted. It runs on less than 200 E-Signal SLOCs. Our next step is to see if we can teach monkeys to use it.

2. I was asked by a colleague in a PM to offer an example of a complex system. To prove my point about ET, I retrieved this from the ET archives.