Trading with David Nassar

Discussion in 'Trading' started by FloridaTrader, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Eldredge

Eldredge

Nitro,

I currently seem make enough to live on comfortably (I suppose that could change though), so buying power isn't a real issue. But, with the methods I use I could just as effectively trade at least three times my current size without having to alter my techniques, or alter my profit potential (slippage etc.). So, my choices are to increase my position size gradually using excess profits or quickly using additional margin/capital. This is the question for me. I'm really not sure which is more prudent. I hate not making as much as I potentially could while trading is going well, but I would hate to be spread too thin when a larger than expected draw-down occurs.

As far as the series 7 is concerned, you may be right. One of my hesitations is that I don't want to pay professional exchange fees if I don't have to. If I have a series 7, wouldn't I have to pay professional rates?

#11     Feb 16, 2002
  2. You are supposed to pay the higher rate for quotes from nyse and naz if you have a 7, or I believe even if you are a full-time trader (doing it as a profession, thus a professional). This is according to the legalese in the exchange agreements.

However, this little rule is VERY widely skirted by putting your software in your spouse's name or lying or whatever. I assume to do so is not exactly legal, and I would never advise anyone to break the law....

#12     Feb 16, 2002
  3. bro59

bro59

Why would an authentic market guru be in the vending business? My impression is the markets have plenty of money to offer someone who truly understands them which should obviate the need to sell that knowledge to others.

#13     Feb 16, 2002
  4. gaijin

gaijin

I'm not really in favor of any school which teach trading even if it sounds the right idea for beginner.
    IMO they have product or service to sell . Especially beginer doesn't know any better and cannot distinguish between right or wrong.
    it is like learning to drive the car no simulator can be equals to driving experience.
    also trading is like Indi 500 compare to driving on I 95.
    simply ask yourself do you have a chance in Indi 500 competition?

about professional firm and @home trading:
    IMO it greatly depends on your own personality if a person need "environment" then professional firm might be the answer, if person can depend ON HIMSELF I don't think it will make the different

#14     Feb 16, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

Sorry for the mispelling - I'd have to look at the meaning of the word loser (haha) in the Dictionary as well.

I have no problems with .01 spreads, and I like you like them. I have no beef with NewAtThis, as I believe that we only learn the most when we are free to speak our minds. Just, you may sound foolish when you are "NewAtThis" and you are likely talking to a Grandmaster...

nitro

#15     Feb 16, 2002