Trading with Alzheimer's

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Thanks...and sorry.

Sometimes things don't hit home until things hit home.

#11     Jul 16, 2007
  2. It would be interesting to know how many traders end up with Alzheimers.

#12     Jul 16, 2007
  3. Thanks for those ideas, Infolode, and please accept my apology. I rarely intend specific offense, except in the special cases of those who deserve it, which ain't you. There is a core of truth in what I wrote, however, in that I am trying to develop a durable simple system which I can trade in my dotage, which fast approtage. My basic approach is to avoid thinking of "rules", and to keep piling into directionality until it fails shockingly, then reverse. As I get older, even 5-minute is too fast for me. There are other advantages to 15, but they are so obvious that I won't insult everyone's intelligence here.

As to preparation for Alzheimer's trading, providing a current environment identical to that extant at onset avoids shocking the patient continually with novelty. In that regard, access to the sameness of ET is crucial to my client, so he can take frequent breaks during the two lulls in each 15 minute bar to aggravate himself and mutter "Assholes!". I am confident THAT will NEVER change.

#13     Jul 16, 2007
  4. What is this thread about again?

#14     Jul 16, 2007
  5. n/p and good luck with your client and his familiarity with consistency.

Simplicity has it's elegance.

#15     Jul 16, 2007
  6. Der Schwannendreher, this thread is about the need simple minded traders have for simple systems. In the category of an allegory.

#16     Jul 16, 2007
  7. This is what you really need fellas, 35+ years study and testing, no side effects, memory, motivation, improved learning and cellular regrowth, promotes communication between the brain hemispheres to think creatively and holistically.. already being used to treat Alzheimer's.. the ultimate smart drug!

It's even a mild anti-depressant for those losing days :p

http://www.antiaging-systems.com/a2z/pramiracetam.htm

#17     Jul 16, 2007
  8. Yep they should be broke and out of trading within a few months :p

#18     Jul 16, 2007
  9. trading with alzheimers?? How is that even possible..

#19     Jul 16, 2007
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

that mean you haven't been exposed to a large pile of hypo stuffs.

#20     Jul 16, 2007