Trading with a Stop Loss in the Futures Market is for Losers

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by emg, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

There is no such animal as a stop loss run.

#621     Apr 3, 2016
    profitlocker and speedo like this.
  2. Q3D

Q3D

Take a look at CL 1 minute charts, stop runs and reversals are the norm on CL.

#622     Apr 3, 2016
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

People like to call them stop runs, but in reality they are just poorly placed stops that are inside the noise.

#623     Apr 4, 2016
  4. speedo

speedo

If someone has not bothered to learn to trade, whether they use stops or where they are placed becomes irrelevant.

#624     Apr 4, 2016
    Xela and Buy1Sell2 like this.
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I know what you are trying to get at here and I think the spirit is correct. However, one has not learned to trade successfully unless one has learned proper stop placement. This can be done only through clinical experience and not back testing.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    #625     Apr 4, 2016
    profitlocker likes this.
  6. Put stop loss placement is ned to learned, but also learn to determine exit point I think also not less important because exit point wil determine last order wil get profit or loss, and tis is also required good skill to analyze the market to determine best timing exit point

#626     Apr 5, 2016
  7. I wouldn't dream of trading without stops. On most trades there is a point where the theory behind my entry is no longer valid and it is at that point i want out. If I perceive that many others will have their stops right there I might adjust the price some but conceptually every trade has a rational and if that rational ceases to exist I'm out.

#627     Apr 8, 2016
  8. Still many tarder using stop loss, I am also still use stop loss in my trades, sometime I am modify stop loss if already get in floating profit and I can modify stop loss in profit, with expectation if trend will continue will get maximum profit

#628     Apr 9, 2016