Trading with a Stop Loss in the Futures Market is for Losers

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by emg, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ive seen emg call the ES market in the journal thread and the guy is good

#51     Jun 24, 2011
  2. the1

the1

And do you have plan B, C, and D? My internet connection has gone down for more than a day but I didn't skip a beat because I planned for that.

#52     Jun 24, 2011
  3. the1

the1

That's hilarious. Here Bone is talking about who he thinks trades real capital or not and talks about stop <b>limit</b> orders. That's just flat out funny.

#53     Jun 24, 2011
  4. the1

the1

OMFG. Bone, shut the fuck up before you make a bigger fool of yourself. I'm gonne educate you real quick. If you place a stop limit on your long at say....1065.50 and the next print is at 1060.00, from 1067.00 -- You're Fucked. You're flat out lying if you think your "stop limits" worked wonderfully through all those events. You're 2 bit account just blew the fuck up. Before you come on this board and try to make an ass out of me make fucking sure you know what the fuck you are talking about. Stop Limits don't execute at anything below the limit, which is the reason you use stop "markets."

#54     Jun 24, 2011
  5. bone

bone

Still another retail idiot who knows dick about trading but spreads his ignorance far and wide.

If you do NOT use the default settings, and widen out your execution level range, it has always worked for me for 14 years and running. If you could afford TT maybe you wouldn't open your mouth. If you are so cheap that you won't enable pay-up tics upon trigger, then yeah, you will probably not get filled moron.

[​IMG]

#55     Jun 24, 2011
  6. bone

bone

Stop Limit, Stop Market, Market on Open, Trailing Stops, and Order cancels Orders.

The Limit pull-down tab allows you to specify the tic range you are willing to allow to fill the order - you can make it 0 tics or you can make it 500 tics if you wanted. And that is the trick, don't be tight with the limit. Has worked since 1997 and every US and European exchange for me through every market anomoly. Worse case for me was a partial fill on the Eurex Dax 'fat finger' fiasco; most of the order was filled and the damage was slight - when Deutsche Bank and Eurex busted the order I ended up making money on the balance and the entire episode was a scratch.

[​IMG]

#56     Jun 24, 2011
  7. Good thing I didn't start the insults... Eh PRO-FESSER!...

Show me the globex2 screen with the stoplimit GTCs...please!...LOLOLOL

#57     Jun 24, 2011
  8. bone

bone

#58     Jun 24, 2011
  9. the1

the1

You are taking a bigger risk than I am. What happens if the market jumps past your range as it most certainly did during at least one of the events you named. What happens when the Fed cuts 50 bps and the next print is 25 points higher than your entry? I suppose your range is that wide then?

#59     Jun 24, 2011
  10. the1

the1

This completely nullifies the use of a stop limit as an exit. What do you spread it to -- 10 ticks, 50, 100? How could you possibly know? You can't, which is the reason you use stop markets. Just take what the market gives you to get you flat. If you spread to 500 ticks you're getting out at the market regardless. This is a pointless feature you are wasting your money on.

#60     Jun 24, 2011