Trading with a Stop Loss in the Futures Market is for Losers

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by emg, Jun 20, 2011.

1. bone

bone

Man, you can really tell who actually trades live capital in this thread.

#41     Jun 23, 2011
  2. emg

emg

Here is the question for u, is your stop held in the cme server, broker server, or on your computer?

#42     Jun 24, 2011
  3. bone

bone

My stop limit orders are held on the exchange server on a GTC basis. Others may be different. If I lose connection, either my clearing firm or the exchange can cancel them. In fact, they will work new orders for me if I ask. They will even tell me my open positions. Globex help desk, ICE, Liffe, Eurex, they all will.

#43     Jun 24, 2011
  4. Amazing what one can learn about others by paying a little attention...LMFAO.

#44     Jun 24, 2011
  5. bone

bone

What, you doubt that TT X-Trader supports a Stop Limit Order ? I am sitting here looking at the SL, SM, OCO, and TSL order buttons in my order ticket windows as we speak you stupid retard - I use them all the time.

#45     Jun 24, 2011
    Axon likes this.
  6. Lol, retarded is thinking stoplimits provide any protection... And we aren't speaking: you are insulting me and I'm laughing at your incompetence...

Another trading "proffessor" that knows fuck all... Not even the basics...LMFAO.

I guess you are too busy managing all those orders in all those exchanges ( GTCs in globex2 lol) and teaching fools to learn the bare basics... LMAZO

#46     Jun 24, 2011
  7. bone

bone

1. I've been using X-Trader SL orders since 1997 and they have worked brilliantly and without failure through LTCM, 09/11, the Dax sell-off debable DB fat finger debacle on Eurex, 600 point trading days in the Dow in 2008, and through the flash crash, so yes they work quite nicely and have been thoroughly stress-tested in every US and European market for me. Don't get tight on your execution range default setting and it works brilliantly.

2. Judging by your posts, you do not trade. Went through all 27 pages - you know dick. Long on criticism, no knowledge proferred. Just what we need, another retail wanker with a $5K retail account who knows it all.

#47     Jun 24, 2011
  8. I'm sure your stoplimits work perfectly for your 1 lot jerkoff clients and yourself, proffessor.

Surely globex2 instituted GTCs from the exchange just to please you!. Lol.

Remember you are the proffessor and I'm the joker. Hahahahaha.

#48     Jun 24, 2011
  9. the1

the1

When the fuck did I say I let the market go against me 20 points? Keep placing those stops and I'll keep hunting the fuckers. I made great coin doing precisely that today. I was tempted to post a chart to show you <b>exactly</b> how I do it but why should I educate you fools when it's so damn easy to take your fucking money.

#49     Jun 24, 2011
  10. the1

the1

You have no idea what work I've done on the topic and no, they don't teach stop placement in quant school. Some things you have to learn through the school of hard knocks and it didn't take me long to learn why my PL was consistently trending down. You can give me any kind of stop model and I can break it. The point is, placing stops is an art and what I said I tested was science. I don't throw a wide stop on every trade I take. Some trades have stops as close as 6 ticks.

And to just touch on your entries topic....you do realize the market is largely random, right? Not 100%. Not even close but more random than not. We'll let academia figure out the exact number but suffice it to say, if your strategy is based on timing the market within a certain tick size, on every trade, then you're done. Some trades call for a wide stop while others call for a tight one. Some trades call for a 1 lot entry while others call for 20. Same principle with stops.

#50     Jun 24, 2011
    Axon likes this.