Trading with a NYSE floor broker

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by UpstairTr8der, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Are your brokers looking for customers? Do they know you are posting this information on a public forum?

#41     Oct 28, 2005
  2. Surdo

Surdo

Its public information, and he's posting it hours after the looks.

I find it interesting, if you wanna play Stock Cop call The NYSE market surveillance.

#42     Oct 28, 2005
  3. bolter

bolter

Perhaps Inspector Cluseau has a theory - non?

#43     Oct 28, 2005
  4. That's "Chief" Inspector, ty very much.

Surdo,

Don't worry this guy isn't going anywhere so dumb money can get smarter--or so it seems.

#44     Oct 28, 2005
  5. Surdo

Surdo

Inspector Numbnuts:

Where are your value added posts?

I can't seem to find them.

#45     Oct 28, 2005
  6. Keep looking then. My math teacher in ohio comment was rather amusing. And, how did you know my nuts are numb? Problem is realizing you are sitting on them. Thanks for the reminder!

#46     Oct 28, 2005
  7. Problem is these posts are getting off topic.. Stick to the discussion, or go to chit chat.

P.S. No one cares about your nuts.

#47     Oct 28, 2005
  8. Do you ever get smoked bad on these trades?

Looks like the pressure to take the trade is even higher then trading screen.

3 looks and a trade,

"Do you want to buy?"

Thats almost like a demand "You better be buying after i got you so many looks " hehe

Do you ever feel pressured when trading this?

Or do you first look for the setups, then get the looks.
    Or are your setups the looks (not likely)

#48     Oct 28, 2005
  9. I normally look for set ups and try to confirm them with looks - this give me more confidence in the trade and my position naturally.

The floor brokers don't really care what kind of trade I do with them as long as I send them trading volume - So i have found riskless break even trades that just generate commission for them and pay for my looks. So this way its pretty safe - I don't feel the pressure.

#49     Oct 29, 2005
  10. ME (9:34:42 AM): BYD?
    Floor broker Update #1 @ (9:37:02 AM): byd; couple of sellers now , meriil and bs working 30k for sale combined - (9:37:14 AM): opened @ .50 too rich
    ME (9:37:38 AM): what does too rich mean?
    Broker (9:37:57 AM): they opened it too high - overbought
    Update #2 @ (9:39:48 AM): byd ubs and lxe working 30k for sale combined, scattered buyside
    ME (9:48:07 AM): any more sellers in BYD?
    Broker @ (9:48:19 AM): ill check
    Update #3 @ (9:50:45 AM): byd; .97 low on 10k is susqehanna, $46 low on 25k is helfant - no real buyside.

I managed to get short intially $46.25 avg price and getting out my avg was $45.70 avg price

#50     Nov 4, 2005