Trading with a low self-esteem

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by fatrat, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Every time a trade does not go in your favor hit yourself with 20,000 volts of electricity. Let's see if that makes you have a higher chance for success, and higher self-esteem.:D

#11     Mar 3, 2008
  2. I meant in more broader terms than individual trades, like you say patterns and overall performance.

I read the OP slightly differently at first, reading his post again and taking into account the random element his comments make more sense now!

But I think to be able to say 'it's not my fault' a trader needs to have (justifiable) confidence in his strategy and his ability to trade it so that when trades don't go as anticipated it's genuinely not his fault.

#12     Mar 3, 2008
  3. fatrat

fatrat

There was an article recently about some numb-nuts in Pennsylvania who put alligator clips on his wife's nipples and shocked her for sexual pleasure. He eventually ended up killing her, and I think he now faces manslaughter charges.

:D

Thus, I don't think the expectation on this method of trade management is a good one.

#13     Mar 3, 2008
  4. Agreed.

#14     Mar 3, 2008

5. That's one guaranteed way of ending a losing streak though!

#15     Mar 3, 2008
  6. It seems we're all fairly in agreement here. Except, of course, for HolyGrail and his booster cables. :D

#16     Mar 3, 2008
  7. I believe the idea has merit, I just don't want to be the guinea pig.:D

#17     Mar 3, 2008
  8. cold

cold

merit indeed, tested it on me self, while I was drunk with the lads

come to think of it, maybe they were bunch of angry Germans

and maybe, just maybe

I did something to them before........its all fuzzy :confused:

#18     Mar 4, 2008