Trading with $500,000.00

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Harry123, Jan 8, 2003.

1. This is better then CSI!!!!:D

I don't suppose you will indulge me with further forensic eveidence? teach me mr. miaggi
    make me your young grasshopper!

#51     Jan 8, 2003
  2. Who cares if Harry123 is Jay123 or visa versa whatever. As far as I'm concerned I'm glad someone started a thread like this because its actually an important topic. I'm very new to the game and I would like to know one day that I have a chance to reach that level of success and to be able to prep myself for it in advance would be very helpful. As far as I'm concerned I would continue to trade % of my capital as it would be the only way to reach my life long dream of becoming financialy idependent. Reading the other responses from those here on this thread I can see that there are acutal real life situations where people have made alot of money and they are wondering if they should continue onward with their same daytrading or swing trading strategies. I find that in of itself most interesting. I hope I can one day find that answer out for myself. I also would like to say that those who would only focus on the negative of whether this guy is arrogant or fake or whatever are missing the true point of a real question that is a thought on all new traders minds. That question is how far can I compound my money before I become too emotionally attached to the absolute amounts. Lets continue this thread along those lines.

#52     Jan 8, 2003
  3. HMMMMMM

you register in january 2003 and your first post is to defend jay123 and harry 123....

MR SUBLIMINAL HELP HIM!!!

#53     Jan 8, 2003
  4. IM SORRY, YOU REGISTERD TODAY!!!????

YOU'VE BEEN OUTTED!!!!!:D :D :D

#54     Jan 8, 2003
  5. Well, the devil is, as they say, in the delimiters... :D

#55     Jan 8, 2003
  6. Wow, you aren't having a good day in the markets, are you? You can always tell by these types of posts.

Easy Francis.

#56     Jan 8, 2003
  7. #57     Jan 8, 2003
  8. dtiger

dtiger

I think that you should worry about the actual dollar amount you are earning and no longer on the percentages you are earning on your capital. After all, there is a point where increasing position size works against you in the market as orders are not able to be filled as efficiently. If you are making the money you need to live the lifestyle you choose and still add to your total investment capital, then what is the problem?

As your capital increases it will become increasingly difficult to maintain your performance in terms of percentages. As a trader gains more capital, your goals should naturally shift to other goals.

#58     Jan 8, 2003
  9. Do i get my Brown Belt for outting him sen-se???

#59     Jan 8, 2003
  10. Flow

Flow

Personally, my risk per trade as a % of risk capital has continually decreased as my overall equity increased, but that was/is and will be the plan going forward...

I don't want to risk the same % as I did when I had a 100large -- came a point where the focus shifted to the downside...

% returns are pretty meaningless unless you are comparing/competing with other traders and I don't indulge in such activities. I know what I want and how to get it -- others can do their own thing...

Why not just simply sit down and say I want or need x $ from my trading and manage risk/size positions accordingly? Unless you are now having size constraints due to the vehicles you trade, then I really don't get the thread :confused:

PEACE and good-trading

#60     Jan 8, 2003