Trading with 5,000,000,000

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Jan 9, 2003.

1. trdrmac

trdrmac

Nitro this is a no miss deal.

The Back Drop: Im sitting having my coffee last night at my favorite coffee shop.

The Approach: A man approaches me and says that he always sees me reading business pubs, and asks how would I like to work for myself.

I ask: Is this Amway
    Him: No its Quixitar
    Me: Amway on the web right?
    Him: No No, you get your own website. Look at how much Amazon is making.
    Me: A penny per year!
    Him: Imagine if you got in on the ground floor?
    Me: Your right I say, sign me up.

So here is the model:

I buy Shampoo from myself from my own website for $10. I of course pay for this with after tax dollars.
    $10 is a lot for shampoo I know, but check this out. THEY PAY ME $2 in COMMISSIONS. This becomes income and I pay some more tax. And it's not like I loaned the company that $2 interest free or anything.

Dude, I am going to be soo rich, you gotta join my downline.

Have you decided yet???

We are having a seminar in your area, where do you live again??

I guess you don't want to taste success.

How about some of your friends phone numbers

#31     Jan 9, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

Heh,

Tell him you have a way better deal.

Show him a chart of the SP500 (tell him that if he wants to sound chic that the insiders call it spoo) and point out that trading spoos is like taking money out of an ATM machine. Show him pictures of beaches, fast Italian cars, and sexy long legged models. That's the life he will able to lead.

Then you tell him that trading spoo requires no websites, no employees, no inventory, tremendous leverage, low starting costs...This is the deal of a lifetime...

nitro

#32     Jan 9, 2003
  3. Wire it to me; I will take care of it for you ...

#33     Jan 9, 2003
  4. I am very humble and modest; plus with that 5 Bil I recognize you may have some steep overhead!

Please forward what you can, and it will be greatly appreciated!

2002 humbled my ass. so I have learned not to reach!....:D :D

Thanks in advance...David

Take care...

#34     Jan 9, 2003
  5. Nitro,

Did you wire it yet?

Michael

#35     Jan 9, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

It's on it's way...

nitro :cool:

#36     Jan 9, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

David,

I have seen your posts on ET. You are one of the most intelligent and "ontrack" posters on this site...

I have no doubt you will get back on the saddle soon, if you haven't already...

nitro

#37     Jan 9, 2003
  8. abba231

abba231

I don't know what's worse....the fact that this thread has continued for so long, or the fact that I read until the end? Or, perhaps, the fact that I am perpetuating this nonsense????

Related questions:

1. With this monster size, when you trade SPs do you trade mini's or the large contract? Looking at CME volume reports, the mini traded ~ 5 times the volume of the larger contract for all of '02 (which is the multiplier difference). Furthermore, the mini volume doubled, while the larger contract saw only a +15% rise in volume. Presumably, I would guess this means the mini trades more dollar per day then the spoo. This is skewed by Globex obviously. What about the spread difference? Would it really matter for your size? Ie, for someone trading monster volume, they might plan on moving the market anyway. Thus, scalping is not important. Would dollar volume traded be correlated with market depth (to the point of specificity), or size, say, up to 1 point away from the middle?

2. With regard to spreads.....anyone know the latest with the push towards a futures 0.01 spread?

Regards

#38     Jan 9, 2003
  9. MRWSM

MRWSM

Geeze, pretty soon you'll have more than Warren Buffet.

Send me a $1 Billion loan and I'll return it to you in 12 months plus 100% interest.:)

This site is starting to remind me of that movie "Life Stinks". The argument about who's the richest man in the world. LOL

#39     Jan 9, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

LMAO

1) There is a RealEstate tycoon worth billions that has a "taste" for trading spoo. I do not know what kind of size he does...it would be interesting to know.

2) I hope not. That was discussed in another thread here on ET where, ehem, I voiced my opinion.

nitro

#40     Jan 9, 2003