Trading while undergoing chemotherapy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tortoise, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Gambit

Gambit

Thanks Stocktracker. Happy Holidays!

#31     Dec 19, 2017
  2. Carlll

Carlll

If you've got the time and you're in a good mood, why not? Something good might come of it.

#32     Dec 22, 2017
  3. Visaria

Visaria

I wouldn't advise NHS. The private treatment for cancer here in the UK is world class. But v expensive. You're probably best off being in the US.

Wishing u a speedy recovery.

#33     Dec 23, 2017
    Gambit likes this.
  4. Gambit

Gambit

Thank you mate (trying to learn U.K. lingo :) ). When I checked prices online, U.K. was significantly cheaper than U.S. private care. I mean by an order of magnitude. Are you saying that U.S. and U.K. prices are near parity?

#34     Dec 23, 2017
  5. Visaria

Visaria

I might be wrong then. I assumed UK private treatment costs were similar to US. Apologies.

#35     Dec 23, 2017
  6. Gambit

Gambit

No apologies needed at all. I appreciate your insight into U.K. care.

#36     Dec 23, 2017
  7. Gambit

Gambit

Besides, expensive to you is probably cheap to any U.S. citizen. You wouldn't believe how expensive care is in the U.S.!

I'll research prices again. Do you have any idea of private hospital care prices in the U.K.? Rough numbers are fine.

I'll throw out a number and we can compare. For surgery, one week stay in a hospital and 12 cycles of chemo along with total body scan, the cost was roughly $100,000 USD. The majority of that was covered by insurance.

Is that price similar to what you pay in the U.K.?

Thanks again for your insight.

#37     Dec 23, 2017
  8. Visaria

Visaria

I can call my private medical insurer and ask them if you like. But it will be some point next week though.

#38     Dec 23, 2017
  9. Gambit

Gambit

No worries at all. Thank you for doing that. I'm almost done with treatment now but it's always prudent to plan for every possible scenario.

#39     Dec 23, 2017
  10. Gambit

Gambit

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/how-much-cancer-treatment-would-10585381

This article states that 8 rounds of chemo costs roughly 2000 pound sterling which is about 2700 USD using this morning's exchange rate. Pardon my vulgar language but I would give my left nut to pay 2700 dollars for 8 rounds of chemo out of pocket. Non NHS prices obviously.

I'm going to seriously investigate this myself. Even with additional living expenses, I would save a tremendous amount if I had to pay out of pocket for care.

#40     Dec 23, 2017